• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Soldato
Am I too old to be adopted so I can have your gpu 'hand me downs'? :p:D:o

As Boom has owned a few 980ti cards now, definitely the man to ask. Who needs reviews.:D

Msi owner here, and can definitely recommend it as a very quiet card.

Lol, the MSI is a really nice card.

Bought a ton of 28nm cards now.. God help me next year when we get a die shrink etc :p I may need GPU rehab..

Soldato
Nice card Boom!! mITX? No more Fractal? Sorry, I'm a bit slow, I only change every 3 months or so :D :p

Typo, I meant Micro ATX. Still using the Fractal lol.

You're beyond help :p

Intervention was attempted, it failed :(:(:(

:p

Haha, I think it's better to just embrace it and go with it now :D

Good looking card the Hybrid. I still favour the EVGA, although at it's current price the Inno3D's a steal.

Yeah the EVGA Hybrid is really nice, the money I'm saving on the Inno while it's on offer kind of makes up for what I lost selling my last 980 Ti if that makes sense. Boomstick logic 101 :p:D

I've got a much nicer setup now imho, so it all makes sense in the end :o

Caporegime
Typo, I meant Micro ATX. Still using the Fractal lol.

Thank God man, that Fractal looked pretty damn sweet!!!! I mean, i tried to switch to mITX but then I realised that I'd get MUCH better cooling and options if I had the define S (which is no thicker than the Evolv mITX) that I switched back :D (it's on the end of my desk so height doesn't matter, only width. My Corsair 540 was nuts thick!)

Soldato
Associate
My sister is using my first 980Ti, started about 4 months ago and I needed to test if it still worked as the PCB got scratched trying to get a screw out for my custom loop. She's still using it now so must be fine, fortunately only seems to be a blank part of the PCB that's scratched.

I expensively took a loan from the Bank of Mum & Dad to get a second that I didn't make the same mistake on :p :o :(

Soldato
Anyone purchased the Asus GeForce GTX 980Ti DC3 OC? Thinking of getting this card, would love to get feed back before I make the purchase :)

I've got one and it is a lovely bit of kit, boosts higher than my MSI gaming and can run cooler but at the cost of being slightly noisier (not a problem if you game with headphones) and I actually got my Asus for less than the MSI gaming

Soldato
Thank God man, that Fractal looked pretty damn sweet!!!! I mean, i tried to switch to mITX but then I realised that I'd get MUCH better cooling and options if I had the define S (which is no thicker than the Evolv mITX) that I switched back :D (it's on the end of my desk so height doesn't matter, only width. My Corsair 540 was nuts thick!)

Yeah I'll be keeping this main build for a long time. Only chop and change GPU's. So your using the Evolv?

I like Micro ATX, good balance between size footprint and cooling.

What the hell do you do with all your GPUs Boom?

I am genuinely worried about you.

Lol, I like to try a few before settling for a while on one I like. Most of my GPU's will get sold on or spun of into builds for other people. Makes it cheaper to try em then. A lot of parts I give to my boys. They have a Mini ITX PC with 4790K, 16GB DDR3 and soon my REF 980 Ti. So not going to waste.

Back
Top Bottom