• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ashes of the Singularity Bench

Associate
And here's mine:

290X @ 1200/1500
4790K @ 4.7GHz

4c3e636e3097169880569b8550b84756.png

Permabanned
Well looking at those results I am still waiting to see Overclockers dream Fury X that will destroy everything in DX12.... As here i see 980ti as faster card :/
How can i force myself to buy FX over TI :(

Soldato
Well looking at those results I am still waiting to see Overclockers dream Fury X that will destroy everything in DX12.... As here i see 980ti as faster card :/
How can i force myself to buy FX over TI :(

Being patient is the best option, Far too many unknowns for dx12 yet, Amd might pull a rabbit out of the hat with a driver boost, Or Nvidia might get more performance from async working.

Soldato
Being patient is the best option, Far too many unknowns for dx12 yet, Amd might pull a rabbit out of the hat with a driver boost, Or Nvidia might get more performance from async working.

Yes definitely something holding the Fury back. Look at the 2160P result. A 290X OC is only 1fps behind the FuryX. On Paper the Fiji core has 50% more SP's and a lot more bandwidth so theoretically should be a fair bit faster. Clock speed could be it but surely the extra bandwidth should have a benefit.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yes definitely something holding the Fury back. Look at the 2160P result. A 290X OC is only 1fps behind the FuryX. On Paper the Fiji core has 50 more SP's and a lot more bandwidth so theoretically should be a fair bit faster. Clock speed could be it but surely the extra bandwidth should have a benefit.

Lack of ROPs throttling it maybe?

Soldato
Muziqaz would like all of his bench thread scores deleted :D

Maybe a note should be put at the side of his scores since VSR will actually reduce fps a bit. This is interesting because his FuryX is overclocked a bit so should really be more than a couple of fps faster than the stock FuryX result.

Caporegime
Maybe a note should be put at the side of his scores since VSR will actually reduce fps a bit. This is interesting because his FuryX is overclocked a bit so should really be more than a couple of fps faster than the stock FuryX result.

According to AMDMatt, VSR gives slightly more fps over native resolution. I don't think it is right to have VSR scores but that's not up to me and down to the thread starter/updater.

Man of Honour
OP
According to AMDMatt, VSR gives slightly more fps over native resolution. I don't think it is right to have VSR scores but that's not up to me and down to the thread starter/updater.

No VSR or DSR scores for the scoreboard please.

Using VSR or DSR does not give the same performance as the native resolution so can not be used sorry.

Soldato

If it is indeed VSR, Musiqaz's 4K result is only 0.6 fps faster so until we have more results it's difficult to determine if VSR is much faster or not. I was under the impression that VSR would take more processing power since the GPU would have to render at 4K then perform scaling to a lower resolution and add whatever postprocessing is needed to make it look good. On true 4K screens the 4K frame buffer is output straight the display.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
If it is indeed VSR, Musiqaz's 4K result is only 0.6 fps faster so until we have more results it's difficult to determine if VSR is much faster or not. I was under the impression that VSR would take more processing power since the GPU would have to render at 4K then perform scaling to a lower resolution and add whatever postprocessing is needed to make it look good. On true 4K screens the 4K frame buffer is output straight the display.

Most of the VSR and DSR results I have seen in various benches return slightly higher scores than using the native resolution.

More importantly than that we are comparing DX12 on various cards and allowing VSR and DSR would add another variable that would only serve to confuse the results making the thread pointless.

Caporegime

I know that DSR gives me slightly more frames than native for some reason but no idea why. I would trust AMDMatt on this as well, as he has done both.

Back
Top Bottom