• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The ASIC benching thread, what does yours boost up to ?

Associate
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming (stock voltage and power):

gtx97000rvf.jpg

Associate
Hi again Kaap,

Would it not make more sense for this thread to be sorted by the biggest difference between "boost clock" in GPU-Z and the actual boost? - That's what the thread is investigating, right?

Or is it more based on just how high you can get your card based on ASIC?

Either way, I think both are fairly interesting points that should be investigated.

Man of Honour
OP
Hi again Kaap,

Would it not make more sense for this thread to be sorted by the biggest difference between "boost clock" in GPU-Z and the actual boost? - That's what the thread is investigating, right?

Or is it more based on just how high you can get your card based on ASIC?

Either way, I think both are fairly interesting points that should be investigated.

It is based on how high you can get your card based on ASIC compared to temp and voltage used.

If it was based on the difference between "boost clock" in GPU-Z and the actual boost things would come unstuck when someone used a custom bios where the difference can be quite small yet the final clockspeed quite high.

Caporegime
Surely temperature depends more on cooling than anything?

I mean we have a:
Gigabyte Wind Force 970 pushing 1550Mhz @ 62c and 1.206v
And:
Gigabyte G1 Gaming 970 pushing 1563Mhz @ 63c and 1.225v

Surely the former with its lesser cooler, lower temps and lower volts at pretty much the same Mhz would indicate the formed is the better quality GPU?

And this has nothing to do with the fact that the former is my GPU. :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Surely temperatures depends more on cooling than anything?

I mean we have a:
Gigabyte Wind Force 970 pushing 1550Mhz @ 62c and 1.206v
And:
Gigabyte G1 Gaming 970 pushing 1563Mhz @ 63c and 1.225v

Surely the former with its lesser cooler, lower temps and lower volts at pretty much the same Mhz would indicate the formed is the better quality GPU?

And this has nothing to do with the fact that the former is my GPU. :D

There are no winners and losers in this bench, the whole idea is to allow people to see what results from different temps, voltages and ASICs.

The order of the table is determined by the highest clockspeed achieved but I could just as easily ordered it using any of the other results.

The way to use the table is as a whole and the viewer must draw their own conclusions.:)

Caporegime
There are no winners and losers in this bench, the whole idea is to allow people to see what results from different temps, voltages and ASICs.

The order of the table is determined by the highest clockspeed achieved but I could just as easily ordered it using any of the other results.

The way to use the table is as a whole and the viewer must draw their own conclusions.:)

but but but..... i wanna win! :p

Do i have to risk going past 1550Mhz? i'm scared......

Yeah its fine Kaap, i'm playing :)

Associate
Have you noticed any trends yet Kaapstad?

I've noticed that my 980Ti's are of the lowest ASIC % but of the highest volts (custom BIOS), and certainly not the highest max boost clock.

I think later I'll put the original BIOS back on the cards and record what happens. Before I flashed them I noticed that although they are "identical" cards they had different max VDDC which did affect their clocks a small amount.

Back
Top Bottom