• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The ASIC benching thread, what does yours boost up to ?

Man of Honour
OP
Have you noticed any trends yet Kaapstad?

I've noticed that my 980Ti's are of the lowest ASIC % but of the highest volts (custom BIOS), and certainly not the highest max boost clock.

I think later I'll put the original BIOS back on the cards and record what happens. Before I flashed them I noticed that although they are "identical" cards they had different max VDDC which did affect their clocks a small amount.

It is a little to early for treads to start standing out but there are hints there. We are starting to see the things that we would expect like Higher ASIC is better for boost, high temps are bad and some evidence that high ASIC needs less voltage for the same clocks.

One thing I will be following is GPUs from the same family and how the size of the active silicon effecting ASIC. For example the TitanXs as a group seem to have a lower ASIC than GTX 980 Ti's as a group and 290Xs again seem to be slightly lower than 290Ps as a group. Could it be that GPUs with bigger cores do on average have slightly lower ASICs than GPUs with smaller cores within the same family. At the moment it is too difficult to come to any conclusions but the more results we get the clearer things will become.:)

Soldato
That makes sense, a titanx is a bigger chip so yields will be lower meaning lower asics generally, but then when you carve the worst chunks out to make a 980ti the asic can jump up

Associate

EVGA 980Ti Superclock ACX2.0+ with backplate. ASIC 71.9. +18mV @ power target 110%, temp target 85c, fan set to 100% for benchmarks. Max boost 1488.3MHz, Max memory 1879.2MHz. Power consumption 110.4%, VDDC 1.2240V

Soldato

OcUK TechLabs AIO GPU cooler (Asetek 570LX 240mm rad). This is running 24/7 clocks (I don't do different bench clocks or suicide clocks), boost is static for my card so its irrelevant that the bios has eliminated it altogether.

/Offtopic If u want to open 5 CPU-z for screenshot purposes create a file CPU-z.bat with the following text saved inside:

@Echo off
start /d "H:\I Backup\Diamondmax Backup\Backups\Share\Drivers\Processor\cpu-z_1.73-en" cpuz_x64.exe
TIMEOUT 5
start /d "H:\I Backup\Diamondmax Backup\Backups\Share\Drivers\Processor\cpu-z_1.73-g1-en" cpuz_x64.exe
TIMEOUT 5
start /d "H:\I Backup\Diamondmax Backup\Backups\Share\Drivers\Processor\cpu-z_1.73-oc-en" cpuz_x64.exe
TIMEOUT 5
start /d "H:\I Backup\Diamondmax Backup\Backups\Share\Drivers\Processor\cpu-z_1.73-g1-en" cpuz_x64.exe
TIMEOUT 5
start /d "H:\I Backup\Diamondmax Backup\Backups\Share\Drivers\Processor\cpu-z_1.73-oc-en" cpuz_x64.exe

Last edited:
Permabanned
106.jpg

Dont have Heaven just Valley Kapp but Worst clocking 290x ever 1140 is maximum what it will do 1145 gets artifacts can get 1170 with +200mv LOLOLOL

Last edited:
Permabanned
Ye I know but got bored of watching it and thats why i moved to Valley seriously how many years and hours of Heaven all seen. We could use something new.

We had Heaven we had Valley they should: Underworld, Seaworld, Spaceworld

Btw. Looking at this I noticed that with my high ASCI my voltage is just damn low thats why i cant push more but on other hand even with +200mv cant get much more of of this chip...
This gpu is worst one I had since 9800pro. Does not clock and black screens from day every second boot or 3rd PC boot... Only reason i have not sent it back is cause its BF4 edition used code and was hoping it will clock under water. Next time i get one like this its going back.

Last edited:
Associate
Ran mine again now I have the 2nd card and thought this result interesting.

I have them both set at +106 power (maximum) and pushed them to +65 core / +20 mem. It started becoming unstable any higher and would revert to a lower boost.

What caught my eye was the VDDC for the 2nd card (83% vs 80% ASIC) and how much lower voltage it draws. Is this to be expected as its SLI?

Would I be best to move the higher one as my 1st card, or would this not make much difference?

Pic below

980ti Inno3d Hybrid SLI

jtXYA7k.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
Ran mine again now I have the 2nd card and thought this result interesting.

I have them both set at +106 power (maximum) and pushed them to +65 core / +20 mem. It started becoming unstable any higher and would revert to a lower boost.

What caught my eye was the VDDC for the 2nd card (83% vs 80% ASIC) and how much lower voltage it draws. Is this to be expected as its SLI?

Would I be best to move the higher one as my 1st card, or would this not make much difference?

Pic below

980ti Inno3d Hybrid SLI

jtXYA7k.jpg

I would try swapping them around.

And on the scoreboard.:)

Normally good practice to put your best card in slot 1 as sometimes it can squeeze a little more performance out of the other cards. It is also good for when SLI is not available.:)

Last edited:
Soldato
Seem I hit the power limit of 110% pretty quick with the stock Bios that comes with the SC card. Also mine runs pretty hot as my case is not ideal at all for cooling! Will see what my second card gets with an even lower ASIC Score of 61.6% :eek:

Upload.png

Associate
Just checking the results. People will be happy with average ASIC. Well, that is what i see. Of course may vary on other hw as well. No need high ASIC to achieve very top score.

Back
Top Bottom