• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Associate
Hi guys

I promised i would update when i got my Fury X'es water cooled: http://imgur.com/a/u72ED.
As you can see i like actual loops in my water loop :)
The noise is now almost none exciting, the cards rarely go over 46 degrees and I’m just very happy.

Caporegime
I don't think the pumps where faulty, they just made more noise than people expected. Once it became a big issues people just became hyper sensitive to it. Also when i installed mine it was loud but after moving the radiator about it got most of the air out of the pump, its now much quieter.

Well you'd think wrong, since when are pumps meant to make a high pitched droning sound?

Associate
Thank you all.
The rest is:
i5-4690k
Asus MAXIMUS VII HERO
16GB G.Skill RipjawsX
Alphacool NexXxoS Cool Answer 240 D5/UT for the CPU

Associate
Any ideas how to reuse the fury x radiator fan ? those things are worth £20 each but its using a non standard connector to attach to the graphics card, it looks like a 4 pin PWM type but scaled down

Also I looked at the pump housing, its a black square with coolermaster logo imprinted into the plastic, is that the good one ? my card did not have a noticable EEEEEE problem

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Hi guys

I promised i would update when i got my Fury X'es water cooled: http://imgur.com/a/u72ED.
As you can see i like actual loops in my water loop :)
The noise is now almost none exciting, the cards rarely go over 46 degrees and I’m just very happy.

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

16/09/2015, Make Reference, Jonez Link
07/09/2015, Make Reference, Jonahun Link
24/08/2015, Make Reference, WeSbO Link
07/08/2015, Make Reference, Howling Link
05/08/2015, Make Reference, LoadsaMoney, Link
04/08/2015, Make Reference, Dicehunter, Link
30/07/2015, Make Reference, X3T, Link
29/07/2015, Make Reference, FredFlint, Link
24/07/2015, Make Reference, ALXAndy, Link
20/07/2015, Make Reference, Ash0787, Link
20/07/2015, Make Reference, phiiil, Link
05/07/2015, Make Reference, muziqaz, Link
30/06/2015, Make Reference, Gregster, Link
30/06/2015, Make Reference, Silent_Scone, Link
30/06/2015, Make Reference, MDPlatts, Link
30/06/2015, Make Reference, Firefox35, Link
30/06/2015, Make Reference, uksoldierboy, Link
29/06/2015, Make Reference, Sesta, Link
29/06/2015, Make Reference, TheSwede, Link
29/06/2015, Make Reference, whyscotty, Link
25/06/2015, Make Reference, Kaapstad, Link
25/06/2015, Make Reference, Boomstick777, Link
25/06/2015, Make Reference, machinebummer, Link
25/06/2015, Make Reference, AMDMatt, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Fury X.

GoMgQTO.jpg

Associate
Thank you all.
The rest is:
i5-4690k
Asus MAXIMUS VII HERO
16GB G.Skill RipjawsX
Alphacool NexXxoS Cool Answer 240 D5/UT for the CPU

Have you noticed any bottlenecking at all? I was curious as to whether a 4690k would bottleneck a Crossfire/SLI Fury X/980Ti setup after some guy suggested it in General Hardware a while ago.

Associate
Have you noticed any bottlenecking at all? I was curious as to whether a 4690k would bottleneck a Crossfire/SLI Fury X/980Ti setup after some guy suggested it in General Hardware a while ago.

I actually don't know. I don't think so. I got my cpu overclocked to 4600 mhz.
In some games i guess it could bottleneck. Maybe someone in here knows more on that subject.

Caporegime
There are a few games where an i5 will be a bottleneck with multi gpu wether its xfire or sli. Bf3/4, bf hardline and Crysis 3 being ones I've found. Bf3 and 4 when I ran a 3570k at 4.5ghz with sli 670's. Symptoms were very high CPU usage and max gpu usage of 80%. Had to move over to a 3770k which even at a lower clock of 4.2ghz really helped.

Associate
Am going to be getting one of these in May next year I think unless Nvidia come up with something special at a competitive price. Am building a VR PC in November and relying on the on-board GPU for my gaming until next year.

I think Nvidia need to do something about AS on their next GPU on the hardware level, because once VR gaming really starts to take off I can see a lot of people opting for an AMD card over an Nvidia one.

Permabanned
Am going to be getting one of these in May next year I think unless Nvidia come up with something special at a competitive price. Am building a VR PC in November and relying on the on-board GPU for my gaming until next year.

I think Nvidia need to do something about AS on their next GPU on the hardware level, because once VR gaming really starts to take off I can see a lot of people opting for an AMD card over an Nvidia one.

A lot of people around here think the next gen will be around by then which is possible, It's hard to be sure as it would be surprising if Nvidia wait that long but then again they are in the lead overall so maybe it will be later than that but either way May is gonna be close to when everything changes so I'd be thinking of next gen rather than this half way through 2016.

Permabanned
uksoldierboy atm thats why I WOULD NOT BUY this card still dont know if it overclocks or what ??

From that artcle:
As it stands, if you want to game at 4K and you've got the money to splurge out on 4-way Fury X cards; don't. Grab yourself two of them and use them in CrossFire, and you'll have 4K 60FPS+ gaming enjoyment and you would've saved $1300 in the process.

Sums it up :)

Last edited:
Soldato
uksoldierboy atm thats why I WOULD NOT BUY this card still dont know if it overclocks or what ??

From that artcle:
As it stands, if you want to game at 4K and you've got the money to splurge out on 4-way Fury X cards; don't. Grab yourself two of them and use them in CrossFire, and you'll have 4K 60FPS+ gaming enjoyment and you would've saved $1300 in the process.

Sums it up :)

I'm really happy with the cards tbh, they are bonkers powerful and have no problem maxing everything i've played so far at over 60Fps (1440P)

But what's really getting to me is the statement made by AMD that the card is an "Overclockers dream", was one of the main reasons i bought the cards.

It makes no sense to me that if the statement above is true, why isn't AMD trying to push people like Unwinder and Asus with GPUTweak along with unlocking the voltage by supplying a card for him or helping out.

They've just gone quiet and left it, I enjoy using AMD cards, but no more so than Nvidia, at the moment i just feel like i've been lied to by AMD.

Last edited:
Associate
But what's really getting to me is the statement made by AMD that the card is an "Overclockers dream", was one of the main reason i bought the cards.

They've just gone quiet and left it, I enjoy using AMD cards, but no more so than Nvidia, at the moment i just feel like i've been lied to by AMD.

This is exactly. I do hope we get that voltage control soon opened. But in all honesty, I expect max 100MHz better clocks with that.

Atleast AMD could have given some sort of response of what is holding Fury X's from clocking higher. Makes no sense that Nano is reaching about same clocks in overclocking, while running small cooler, and X is running water.

Back
Top Bottom