• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ashes of the Singularity Bench

Man of Honour
OP
I know that DSR gives me slightly more frames than native for some reason but no idea why. I would trust AMDMatt on this as well, as he has done both.

I think it would be nice if someone started a DSR/VSR bench thread (not me) to compare various games where people use both the native resolution and DSR/VSR to compare.:)

Associate
Yes, Kaap, if you haven't done so, you can remove them ;) And any other threads you run and I posted anything ;)
Thread with dsr/vsr vs native will not have much success, since people who have 4k panels, will not use dsr/vsr, and people who don't will not have 4k panel to compare it to ;) So it is kinda pointless exercise.
maybe in the future I will look for very cheap second hand small 4k monitor, and run some tests, and find out how much the difference is with VSR.

Sorry, to waste everyones time ;)

Associate
I noticed the build has changed. Is this the reason for the boost in fps. Stock Fury X now matching overclocked Nvidia cards.

Yes there was a patch today.

P.S. when do you guys on this forum learn that benchmarks are run with systems, not just with GPUs.
system with fury x is now matching system with overclocked 980ti.

but wait till others run new version to 'compare'.

Soldato
Yes there was a patch today.

P.S. when do you guys on this forum learn that benchmarks are run with systems, not just with GPUs.

but wait till others run new version to 'compare'.

Ofcourse as the NVidia cards may see similar boosts but the gain on your system is pretty nice all the same. Will be interesting to see if on this build Nvidia's dx12 performance over takes its DX11.

I think we all know it's systems and not just Graphics cards that run games. This is the Graphics forum not the system forum. I can also read your spec in your post and link and know what other systems to compare too. Most of us in here do have a brain lol.

Last edited:
Associate
Ofcourse as the NVidia cards may see similar boosts but the gain on your system is pretty nice all the same. Will be interesting to see if on this build Nvidia's dx12 performance over takes its DX11.

I think we all know it's systems and not just Graphics cards that run games. This is the Graphics forum not the system forum. I can also read your spec in your post and link and know what other systems to compare too. Most of us in here do have a brain lol.

Regarding last paragraph I wouldn't be so sure of quite a few loudmouths ;) who keep pitching cynical remarks that nvidia is faster in this benchmark when CPUs are clocked higher as well ;)

Soldato
I did suggest this saying shouldn't we considering the different in CPU speed as well, as this is still a CPU intensive bench, but a few (Nvidia users) insisted that any 980Ti being faster than the Fury X is purely because graphic card performance alone, because the results looks to be GPU bottlenecked...

But hey, I don't really care if Fury X is was slower than the 980Ti, as it is already doing better than what we thought its performance was comparing to the initial low expectation from launch :D

I mean the Fury series was not exactly designed from ground-up, as Fuji was just AMD's lack of choice attempt, with HBM shoehorned onto the existing Hawaii base architecture. Considering the design the ROPs count is seriously bottlenecking the HBM from its full potential, and still being almost up there with the 980Ti, next gen cards would be something that's worth looking forward (or at least that's what I think anyway), when the architecture was built from ground-up based around HBM.

Last edited:
Associate
This benchmark is perfect thing for real enthusiast who are into all the nitty gritty details of performance aspects. It is fantastic in giving us quite a lot of info what is being taxed and how. Have we got any other benchmark which does that? This benchmark is not just e-pen*s measuring competition between GPUs, it is benchmark for fastest overall system ;)

Which is why I suggested early in the thread to include multiple user submissions with different configs, but got blasted as some assumed I was telling Kaap how to run his thread ;)

Soldato
yep, big performance boost in latest build it would appear, they've also added an "ultra" settings for TAA which we are only using "high"

980ti 1484 / 3947
5820k @ 4.625

051_47fps.jpg

I'll re-do a run at 4GHZ later so we can see what is what with this whole GPU vs. CPU affecting the results claims, but I somehow doubt I'm going to lose 25% performance from a 15% CPU overclock when most of my cores are running at 60% for this bench

edit: with a re-run at 4ghz I get 46.3fps so that's a less than 2% variance from a 15% change in clock speed, or in other words, if Muziqaz could improve his OC to the same level as me he would get perhaps 1% increase in final result... can we put this CPU nonsense to bed now?

Last edited:
Soldato
It might be worth taking a look at the ultra setting for TA. Is that not what the Async Shaders are mainly handling in this game or at least Amd had some slides out showing the benefits of using Async compute and TA.

Caporegime
Just had a quick run and seems my settings differ to Muzigaz (who has TAA set to high)

Anyways, here is Crazy settings with 4xMSAA

And here is the same settings as Muzigaz.

1080P both runs - 3930K @ 4.4 - TX at 1418/4001 - 355.82 drivers. You will have to let us know what is what Kaap please with the newer settings.

Back
Top Bottom