• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
Recently joined this prestigious club :) Happy to be a part of it.
ash1resize.jpg

ash2resize.jpg

ash3resize.jpg

Associate
Looks awesome Dice, thanks!

Welcome to the club to you too, Ash!

How are you liking it?

The Club or the card ?

The club is a nice warm environment with friendly folk at every turn, though i think the furniture could do with a change.

The card....well... incredible in honesty, upgraded from a very respectable gtx 760 which did me well, but when the opportunity came along with the card being on sale discounted by a fair amount on OC then i had to go for it, looks great in the case also.

Associate
Wondering if I would see any improvement with a single Ti ref cooled card over my 4gb 680 Sli cards? Run at 2560x1440 and like all the eye candy turned up.

Associate
I'll tell you this: everyone who has moved from 970/980 SLI to the Ti has been satisfied with the change.

Better minimum frames (which are the only frames that matter IMO), less power consumption, heat, noise, more future proof and definitely better performance.
You should do it. The longer you wait, the less you'll get for your cards as well.
And for 500£ the TI has a great price/performance ratio.

I think I'm a fanboy for this card, I'm just so happy I've ditched my 970s.
(I'm also sick and this forum and Reddit are all I have XD).

Last edited:
Associate
I'll tell you this: everyone who has moved from 970/980 SLI to the Ti has been satisfied with the change.

Better minimum frames (which are the only frames that matter IMO), less power consumption, heat, noise, more future proof and definitely better performance.
You should do it. The longer you wait, the less you'll get for your cards as well.
And for 500£ thi TI has a great price/performance ratio.

+1 the TI is a beast at £500, the performance it delivers makes this so worthwhile!

Associate

And for 500£ the TI has a great price/performance ratio.

(I'm also sick and this forum and Reddit are all I have XD).

Pretty much what i was going to say, i have moved from 760s in SLI ...yes yes i know...though they did bench higher than titan in most tests, but yeah big step for me personally....pretty much everything razor has said.

Associate
Soon to be joining 3 month journey choosing and then waiting ....
x2 KFA2 GeForce GTX 980Ti "Hall of Fame WC Edition" 6144MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

to be recieved tommorow :)

Associate
Even at 1440 res? Are you able to turn all the eye candy up as well?

I bought it specifically for 1440P in 90% of the games i play i have every thing turned to the max.

Games i slightly turn settings down (and i mean slightly) is Crysis 3 and The Witcher 3.

I was lucky to get a second TI so don't have to turn anything off but one TI is unreal performance!

Back
Top Bottom