• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The R9 Nano Fiji Owners Thread

Soldato
Well the buet arrived this morning. Took a few snaps. Switched it from Sapphire to the powercolor variant from OCUK rather then from the prior place were one arrived DOA. Managed to get it at the dropped price as well and believe all the variants are the same anyhows. Will get some benches later :)

DSCN1179.jpg

DSCN1182.jpg

DSCN1183.jpg

Caporegime
Well the buet arrived this morning. Took a few snaps. Switched it from Sapphire to the powercolor variant from OCUK rather then from the prior place were one arrived DOA. Managed to get it at the dropped price as well and believe all the variants are the same anyhows. Will get some benches later :)

DSCN1179.jpg

DSCN1182.jpg

DSCN1183.jpg

Awesome. :cool:

Wow that's small. (insert your own joke here)

Soldato
Awesome. :cool:

Wow that's small. (insert your own joke here)
Matt, does AMD have any plan at all on unlocking the voltage control for the Fury cards?

I would love to move my 290x down to my secondary system and get a faster single GPU graphic card, but I just find it difficult to justify getting a Fury card that's at more around 30% faster, so I might just gonna keep my 290x on my main system, and get a cheaper old gen 2nd hand mid-range card such as 7950 etc for the secordary system.

It's very difficult to not go for GTX980Ti instead since it has more overclocking headroom and with HDMI 2.0 as well (speaking of which, when is the HDMI 2.0 adapter going to be available? It's been a long time already.)

Caporegime
Matt, does AMD have any plan at all on unlocking the voltage control for the Fury cards?

I would love to move my 290x down to my secondary system and get a faster single GPU graphic card, but I just find it difficult to justify getting a Fury card that's at more around 30% faster, so I might just gonna keep my 290x on my main system, and get a cheaper old gen 2nd hand mid-range card such as 7950 etc for the secordary system.

It's very difficult to no go for GTX980Ti instead since it has much more overclocking headroom and with HDMI 2.0 as well (speaking of which, when is the HDMI 2.0 adapter going to be available? It's been a long time already.)

No, as AMD does not write software tools that allow voltage control. That said, i know that voltage control should arrive once Sapphire Trixxx and MSI Afterburner get updated. Trixxx has already enabled voltage control, as to why it's not available for download yet, you'd need to ask Sapphire. Unwinder has mentioned that he's getting/got a Nano from MSI in order to enable voltage control via Afterburner. It's just a case of waiting until he's ready to release it. For updates I'd recommend checking in on the Guru3D forums.

HDMI 2.0 adapters are right around the corner, we'll be testing one soon.

Soldato
Well been doing some basic testing. really loving the card. It does surprisingly run quieter then I expected considering its size. In terms of noise, its also doing a pretty good job.

In all its now in its home temporarily for testing and will be put under the block over the weekend, dreading that I will be going hardline in this case :eek: Though the waterblock should look pretty awesome thanks to the riser.

Though the primary reason for the Nano was to allow the pump to be placed where it is in the below pics. The Fury X / Fury PCB would have been a notch too long.

DSCN1212.jpg

DSCN1196.jpg

Compared to the Fury I had in there, good luck finding a home for the pump :D
DSCN1048.jpg

From the few benchmarks I have done performance is pretty nice. in terms of absolute over clocks with +50% on the power I can get a OC of 1070 Mhz on the core and 515 Mhz on the memory. In turn The Sapphire Fury I had got to 1110 Mhz on the core and a 515 Mhz on the memory. Overall it was a wash between the two, given the Nano's extra cores vs Fury's higher OC.
Firestike.png

Associate
33u32i1.jpg

Good attempt Radox:)

If I could OC the memory I'd probably beat all the scores, but for some reason my GPU does not like the memory to be overclocked! MSI Afterburner won't even let me change the memory and Sapphire TRIXX will let me, but I get instant blue screens....:(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom