***Official Squad Thread***

Soldato
OP
Will squad world textures change at all, like trees and rocks/mountains etc, as this is all in real time, and rocks/mountains/trees/vegetation is photo realistic, and on a 100 square mile map all in realtime, on the unreal engine 4 engine(same as SQUAD), https://youtu.be/clakekAHQx0?t=46s worth watching it all.

Lets not jump too far ahead of ourselves hear! Looks great yes but how would that run with 100 players/vehicles running about everywhere!

Still, there's a few things we're working on ;)

Soldato
Its all about the teamwork anyway for me, but its a bonus when the game looks nice as well, oh, more importantly the sound as well, love squad as is thou, good that your working on things.

Soldato
OP
Thermite grenades are now in. BluFor SLs will carry 2 for destroying Terry caches. They will only be allowed to be underhand thrown so you can precisely deploy them. Just don't go near it when it's going off!

Soldato
OP
Is they still work to be done on cpu load on multi player? On single player I can be 80/90fps but on 50man server I can be down to 40/50fps and graphic settings make no difference..

The performance issue is not actually really down to that. The drop you get on large servers is down to the engine currently sending data about EVERYONES animation state to you. Now imagine that happening to all players on the server and it gets quite bogged down. We've hired someone who's currently rewriting the whole anim system though and hope to have it sorted before early access on Steam.

Is it available for anyone to play yet? i don't mean F2P but can i back it and get a game.

It's been available for quite some time now mate. You can buy the Squad Leader tier for £45.63 and that will allow you to play as soon as we send you the key. I wouldn't recommend buying if you don't want to help develop the game/post issues on forums etc. It's still bare bones but with each update there is more and more content. The next build is going to be our biggest and best yet by a long way.

There's also the Rifleman tier for £22.81 but that won't get you in-game until Early Access in December. That would be the best option for you if you wanted a more "complete" product...and by complete I mean not complete. This is an alpha in the true sense of the word!

Soldato
The performance issue is not actually really down to that. The drop you get on large servers is down to the engine currently sending data about EVERYONES animation state to you. Now imagine that happening to all players on the server and it gets quite bogged down. We've hired someone who's currently rewriting the whole anim system though and hope to have it sorted before early access on Steam.

It's been available for quite some time now mate. You can buy the Squad Leader tier for £45.63 and that will allow you to play as soon as we send you the key. I wouldn't recommend buying if you don't want to help develop the game/post issues on forums etc. It's still bare bones but with each update there is more and more content. The next build is going to be our biggest and best yet by a long way.

There's also the Rifleman tier for £22.81 but that won't get you in-game until Early Access in December. That would be the best option for you if you wanted a more "complete" product...and by complete I mean not complete. This is an alpha in the true sense of the word!

That makes sense and glad you guys onto the case :D game is coming along very nicely.

Soldato
Xcept1 (Melbo) is one of the military advisors for Squad, and therefore is part of the dev team..

Ah, okay, sounded like it.

Just this confused me :)

9b4df411ec.png

Back
Top Bottom