• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
If it makes any difference, when I run 4K DSR with the G10+H75 setup on the MSI 6G and set GPU-Z to show the "Max" temperature I can get up to 57c. Still a 20c drop on the 79 odd that the default Twin Frozr cooler got up to so I'm happy.

Yeah, I get low 50s, usually between 52-54c when using only one of my GPUs 100%. That is why I assumed it would be around that temp with 980ti. Though I have never seen my idle in the 20s, maybe AWPC has a cold room? :p

Do you OC RanxZy?

Permabanned
You'd get better Temps with a 750d and the rad mounted behind the front 140 intake. Ditch that case that looks to be a hand me down from moses and come into the modern era. :)

I don't play at 4K, I'm still 1080p so no idea if that affects temps, but in my 650D my load temps are much lower than his. Pic of mine is in the user gallary on the first page but temps were great during the SWBF beta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFa7lGuW4sA

Soldato
Though I have never seen my idle in the 20s, maybe AWPC has a cold room? :p
Good case thats why low temps @ idle ;) you see everyone told me it was the case its the MSI stock HSF like I said all along!!

Too much thermal paste so much in fact there is a shortage @ MSI factory they put it all on my GPU ;)

Loose screws holding the HSF together so it was not even seated properly. MSI decided they had to do something for their shares in NZXT + Corsair ;)

Soldato
Sounds good. A lot better temps than before. Shows you how good water can be. Both my cards max out at under 40c after hours of 99% stressing at 1480mhz 1.255v :cool:.

Id let the 4k run for a good while to make sure there no issues with it as the water heats up over time until it reaches its equilibrium. Where it stays at a pretty much constant temperature. Will let you know how well everythings performing, rad, fans airflow etc.
Your right about temps they do rise a bit after an hour or so especially with a slightly lower CFM fan (300RPM less than the Corsair model).

I may go back to the Corsair for now its a fine balance between temps/noise/temps.

Soldato
Really? I thought these cards were overclocking beasts? With those temps I would be tempted to see what is the most I can get out of it myself :D

4K is lovely though isn't it? :)

Have you ever had 144Hz or g-sync etc? How do you find it compares to 4k at 60Hz?

1440p 144hz over 4k 60hz any day. The difference between 4k +1440 isn't massive just really notice the jaggies a bit more. However 144hz is smooth as butter and even non fps games like the witcher 3 Is so much more smooth it's unreal compared to 60hz.
It's exactly like switching your fps to 30 playing for 10 mins then going back up to 60.

At the minute 1440p is still really nice and the 144/120hz coupled with g-sync really tops it off. Never enjoyed gaming so much.

Last edited:
Associate
Nice to just leave the H55 fan @ 40% and still keep temps below 60 degrees without any noise (pump connected to a PWM header, so it goes from 60 to 85%, hope it's fine).
Monday I'll get an Eloop. The next step will be full custom loop (Pascal, enough messing with 980Tis), I won't go back to air cooling :eek:

Last edited:
Associate
Hey guys - moving a little away from the watercooling side.. is anyone having any issues with GTA 5 at 3440x1440? I get random dips from 60 to 45 fps on a G1 980 ti. Sometimes to 30. It's making me crazy. Driver issues?

Associate
Hey guys - moving a little away from the watercooling side.. is anyone having any issues with GTA 5 at 3440x1440? I get random dips from 60 to 45 fps on a G1 980 ti. Sometimes to 30. It's making me crazy. Driver issues?

I've not played it in a month or so but it was happening to me sometimes as well at 2560x1440p!

Soldato
H55 stock Corsair fan seems to be best for temps it runs @ 1600rpm but is not quiet at all :(

Am finding temps on the GPU rising to 60C with other lower CFM fans :eek:

Caporegime
Associate
H55 stock Corsair fan seems to be best for temps it runs @ 1600rpm but is not quiet at all :(

If think there's a lot of good stuff around, I can't stand the stock one over 50%.
Which one are you using?
I'll try this on Monday.

Hm..

I just got an asus strix 980ti, why is my base clock saying 1000mhz?
How do I change the mode to get it at the proper base clock?
What do you mean by proper base clock? For every load there is a different clock.
Playing less intensive games I see all kinds of voltages/frequencies, you should only be concerned with the boost 2.0 clocks :p

EDIT: Didn't know about that. That's a strange move by Asus.

Last edited:
Soldato
:eek:
If think there's a lot of good stuff around, I can't stand the stock one over 50%.
Which one are you using?
I'll try this on Monday.
Was trying this one:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/xigmatek-xof-f1251-fan-green-120mm-fg-042-xg.html

Its certainly not 75CFM though only 53CFM the store page is wrong. Maxes out @ 1350-1400RPM. Almost silent @ 1100RPM but even @ 1350-1400RPM not good enough temps wise.

The Corsair supplied fan starts @ 1600RPM but goes up on load to about 1700RPM. Not very loud but also not quiet either although temps are best with this.

I am thinking about a push pull setup with 2 fans as I have enough case space for that.

Not sure which fans yet (most store pages are wrong the specs are never ever what they say on the page its a grey area not just OCUK either the manufacturers seem to supply conflicting specs on their marketing material to sell the ideal fan to you :rolleyes: )

I have spent way too much money already on fans & an expensive silent Platinum level PSU ;)

Soldato
Lol playing around with Furmark and cards managed to pull that much power the second one had to throttle down at 122% power limit on a custom bios. Or 1109w from the wall. Lol wtf. Dont think im using furmark anymore...

Soldato

At 1440P my 980 Ti Classified never goes above 65'c with a 1:1 fan curve and it still remains quiet.

Would have been cheaper and easier to just go EVGA instead of making your GPU's catch on fire, Apparently......

Back
Top Bottom