• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
One thing I couldn't seem to find was refresh rate setting to change from 144hz or 60hz etc?

after my freesync got stuck at 40-60 i worked out that its the windows setting (win10) that you need to change to get the refresh rate to change,

Edit
Bit more info its the monitor setting in windows mine got stuck at 60 after pressing the super rez button

Last edited:
Caporegime
After using the new UI now, I find it rather meh tbh....

It is too "basic" and I hope that all the video player settings, which we had access to before i.e. colour management, edge detection, brighter whites etc. haven't been enabled by default and hidden away so no way of disabling them now???

And still no 21.9 VSR :(

It is a step in the right direction though.

Yet to try games out to see if any performance improvements.

Soldato
Still cannot install driver without using DDU in safe mode, then have to use device manager to update driver. I could install CCC before but looks like the new one will not install without the driver so?

Associate
Yeah that happened to me, did you look inside custom resolution? Because that has 60hz stock setting.

all i did was press virtual super resolution on and bang the freesync range changed to 40-60, but turning it off did not change it back it got stuck at that....then i found it had changed the monitor setting in windows to 60 put it back to 144 and it sorted the freesync range

Associate
all i did was press virtual super resolution on and bang the freesync range changed to 40-60, but turning it off did not change it back it got stuck at that....then i found it had changed the monitor setting in windows to 60 put it back to 144 and it sorted the freesync range

So we have to use windows settings for changing hz right?

How about eyefinity?

I used eyefinity in black ops 3 in split screen mode across 2 displays but now eyefinity say there isn't enough displays to enable.

If there is no solution to this, I may have to change my card.

Associate
Just as an FYI - Anything that Windows Display options does is not replicated in Radeon Software Crimson. You can make those changes in Windows. (i.e. resolutions and refresh rates)

Associate
Just as an FYI - Anything that Windows Display options does is not replicated in Radeon Software Crimson. You can make those changes in Windows. (i.e. resolutions and refresh rates)

I managed to get eyefinity to work in additional settings and it now shows up on crimson ui but once disabled, it won't enable from there.

Any ideas?

Associate
So we have to use windows settings for changing hz right?

How about eyefinity?

I used eyefinity in black ops 3 in split screen mode across 2 displays but now eyefinity say there isn't enough displays to enable.

If there is no solution to this, I may have to change my card.

no idea bro on the eyefinity stuff, not sure if what happened to me was a bug just wanted to add in what happened to me so others can resolve if it happens to them

Soldato
new Crimsom doesnt seem to play nice with MSI AB. It showing in MSI AB that these drivers are version 15.8. Not sure if its a biggie, just saying. Cant get my clocks to stick with MSI AB either.

Just about to see if Crossfire is now working on SWBF and the black textrues on the Ice Caves map is now fixed. Pls do not disappoint AMD.

EDIT: NOPE STILL NOT FIXED. GOOD JOB AMD, GOOD JOB. AND STILL NO WORKING CROSSFIRE WHEN IT WAS WORKING IN THE BETA.

22653170133_abf3e4633a_b.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Surely have you crossfire users not learned by now that you are irrelevant in AMD's eyes! :p

But on a serious note, is SLI working ok for nvidia users? If not, perhaps it could be a problem on DICE's/frostbite's end....

Back
Top Bottom