• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
Last question before I take the plunge in stuck between either the inno3d 980 ti hybrid or the zotac amp extreme 980ti. By the looks of benchmarks they both get around 72 degrees (which I though was quite odd for a hybrid?) and apparently both clock quite well so I'm really stuck which to get. Then there's the asus strix but apparently gets hot :S

Soldato
Suffice to say, I won't be getting my 980Ti after all. Ordered yesterday for delivery today (item was in stock) but today I received an emails stating it was out of stock, and another stating actually they're out of stock, and are now discontinued...

Well ****ed off.

Associate
Suffice to say, I won't be getting my 980Ti after all. Ordered yesterday for delivery today (item was in stock) but today I received an emails stating it was out of stock, and another stating actually they're out of stock, and are now discontinued...

Well ****ed off.

what brand?

Soldato

Spoken to them and was all ready to kick off until I hear the desperation in her voice. It was clear by her tone and what was said that they've had numerous calls and she's already had to explain the situation umpteen times.

Apparently there is more stock coming in today, and those that have ordered are still in the queue to receive it. She told me to call back in an hour or two to get the latest, so I'll call about lunchtime. I was just annoyed by the fact that it was in stock when I ordered at 14:45 and still was so until hours later, yet apparently they don't have enough stock to fulfil my order...

what brand?

EVGA FTW

Soldato
Last question before I take the plunge in stuck between either the inno3d 980 ti hybrid or the zotac amp extreme 980ti. By the looks of benchmarks they both get around 72 degrees (which I though was quite odd for a hybrid?) and apparently both clock quite well so I'm really stuck which to get. Then there's the asus strix but apparently gets hot :S

Get the Hybrid, Those temps are way off, My Classified gets to 72'c and that's air cooled so the Hybrid should be a lot cooler, Someone must have fudged up those numbers.

Soldato
From my own experience and what I've read, on average hybrids should stay between 50 and 60 degrees.

I snagged a Palit 980ti super jetstream for only £480 from a competitor a few days ago before this unsavoury Black Friday business. Well pleased with that price!

I've not set it up yet as I'm gathering other parts for a new build, but from the reviews I've read I don't know why there isn't more desire for this card. One of the quietest coolest running air cooled ti's out there and boosts really high apparently.

Soldato
Apparently there is more stock coming in today, and those that have ordered are still in the queue to receive it. She told me to call back in an hour or two to get the latest, so I'll call about lunchtime. I was just annoyed by the fact that it was in stock when I ordered at 14:45 and still was so until hours later, yet apparently they don't have enough stock to fulfil my order...

The Scam site's stock system has never been in proper working order. 8 years on and it still shows stock when there isn't any? Not suprised.

Soldato
Scam site ? More like the stock system is slow to update is all.

It's the nickname here because we can't advertise competitors?

They've had those issues for ages. I've not seen as many complaints about ordering something in stock -> then getting an email at 8pm saying it's out of stock, from other competitors and even OcUK.

Soldato
It's the nickname here because we can't advertise competitors?

They've had those issues for ages. I've not seen as many complaints about ordering something in stock -> then getting an email at 8pm saying it's out of stock, from other competitors and even OcUK.

Oh you mean the competitor site that lives next to the printer ? ;)

Yeah that's one of the reasons I never shop there, Had way too many stock issues, I ordered an EVGA 680 SC+ from there and I got an email the next day saying it was out of stock hence why I only shop on OCUK :)

Associate
Got mine today, but having problems with the DisplayPort I ordered too.

CU0Qm1wW4AEYwmY.jpg

For some reason I get 'DisplayPort no signal' but DVI works fine.

Deleted member 2277

D

Deleted member 2277

Just ordered the MSI 980TIi Lightning card. Bit pricey but the reviews seem to he really good.

Soldato
After numerous calls and emails, mine has been shipped. Ordered it yesterday so I'd have it today, so rather annoyed that I'm not getting it until Monday now. They won't refund any postage either...

Deleted member 2277

D

Deleted member 2277

I've ordered for next day delivery (tomorrow). If they can't deliver tomorrow then I will have to cancel. :(

Back
Top Bottom