Air alternative to Corsair H110?

Permabanned
Any air cooling solutions that can do an equal or better job?

The pump noise is just annoying and I don't want to try any other AIO coolers after my experience with Raijintek.

Permabanned
OP
Associate
What CPU/Socket are you using? The D14 is very good, but unless you get the 2011 version, you don't get those brackets. The D15 fits everything.

Except for watercooling, those are IMO the best air coolers available, you've just got to like brown/beige.

EDIT: Maximus Hero VII = LGA1150, so no problems with the regular D14. Just be aware that high-profile RAM may not fit.

Permabanned
OP
What CPU/Socket are you using? The D14 is very good, but unless you get the 2011 version, you don't get those brackets. The D15 fits everything.

Except for watercooling, those are IMO the best air coolers available, you've just got to like brown/beige.

EDIT: Maximus Hero VII = LGA1150, so no problems with the regular D14. Just be aware that high-profile RAM may not fit.

High profile ram? there is low profile ram now? LOL :D

I'm using Corsair Vengeance LP 1866? will that be okay?

Soldato
NH-D15 is good, but PH-TC14PE, R1 Ultimate, Silver Arrow IB-E and older SB-E, and others are just as good. Even older coolers like NH-D14 are only a couple degrees warmer.

Do keep in mind case airflow can make more difference than just a good cooler. If case is flowing air properly removing components' heated exhaust without it contaminating / warming up the cool intake air going to the coolers everything is golden. Here's a basic guide to setting up case airlfow.
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=26159770&postcount=7

Last edited:
Soldato
Okay, I'm assuming I should have no issues installing this in a Corsair Obsidian 750D with Asus Hero Maximum VII? :)

Is it equal or better than the H110 in terms of performance/noise? how is the low noise version low noise? bigger?

Another +1 for the Noctua range. They are hands down the best air coolers on the market. You'll also get to use it for your lifetime, since Noctua will send you a free mounting upgrade kit, when Intel release new socket layouts in the future.

I'm using a NH U12S, and it cools my 6700k @ 4.7Ghz whilst being extremely quiet. At idle it's silent, at load it's only slighter louder.

I too tried a H110I GT but sent it back the same day after hearing it's constant pump noise, a truly dreadful product only for those hard of hearing, or who don't mind noise.

Associate
I had the H110i and after a third pump issue binned it and got the Phantek PH-14 and it sits in the Corsair 650D with about an inch spare before the window so a 750D should have no issues with them, temps are about the same tbh as the H100 was.

Luckily I had low profile memory from the start, I could see the sticks with the large heatsinks would struggle under the heatsink clearance.

Soldato
NH-D15 is a very good cooler. But it is no better than PH-TC14PE, R1 Ultimate, Silver Arrow IB-E and some others. Cryorig mount is just as good as Noctua. Phanteks is also very good. Thermalright is great, but needs a magnetic screwdriver to install the small screws.

Associate
temporary_zps4s5zopqy.jpg

temporary_zpsntstoovj.jpg

temporary_zpscdb1ytr9.jpg

Associate
That's one reason I'm tempted to replace my H100i

yea I think if youre going to go liquid you go custom loop. either that go for a high end air cooler..

I always liked my H80i but after reading a few threads on them leaking I started looking at air cooling.. I was surprised at the results I was seeing in reviews on the high end Air coolers comparing them to the AIO units so I went for it.. Im not disappointed :D

I also prefer the look of the Air cooler tbh

I know some folk like the way the AIO units look inside the case but Im liking the way it looks with the Air cooler

Back
Top Bottom