**The ASrock 939dual-SATA2 (ULi M1695) thread**

Soldato
I also have 2 x 512MB sticks of TWINMOS here, and running 1T with memtest #8 reboots the machine exactly the same as it does with the 2 x 1GB Corsair value RAM

But I's guess that running 1GB not 2GB probably gives you greater chance of success with 1T

Soldato
HI guys, planning on getting this board in the next week, now i have read through this thread previously but cant remember if anyone has used this board with the following types of memory:

Patriot Signature PC3200 (PSD1G400K) 2x512 kit
Mushkin High Performance Blue Series 1GB (2x512MB) HP3200 2-3-3 (991433)

Was planning on getting some Geil Value stuff but the above are around the same price.

Associate
BruceLee said:
HI guys, planning on getting this board in the next week, now i have read through this thread previously but cant remember if anyone has used this board with the following types of memory:

Patriot Signature PC3200 (PSD1G400K) 2x512 kit
Mushkin High Performance Blue Series 1GB (2x512MB) HP3200 2-3-3 (991433)

Was planning on getting some Geil Value stuff but the above are around the same price.

I have 1GB of Geil value (2x512MB) PC3200, and it runs fine in dual channel. Not sure about how well it runs in 1T mode, yet to test this. It overclocks ok too, goes to about 220MHz before you need to put it on a divider. Hope this helps.

Soldato
Thanks for the quick reply, Geil Value was my first choice, but these seem good with faster timings (to my limited knowledge) specifically the CAS latency (2 compared to 2.5).

Obviously there may be some problems with certain types of RAM and this board as i seem to recall.

So you are running at 2T at present? does 1T not work then?

Associate
BruceLee said:
Thanks for the quick reply, Geil Value was my first choice, but these seem good with faster timings (to my limited knowledge) specifically the CAS latency (2 compared to 2.5).

Obviously there may be some problems with certain types of RAM and this board as i seem to recall.

So you are running at 2T at present? does 1T not work then?

I am running 2T at the moment, but I havnt really had enough time to play with any of the ram timings to try and get 1T working properly. If i recall when i set it to 1T i had strange reboots, like when I tried to print something! Since I put it to 2T I havnt had any problems. The timings are 2.5-3-3-6 on divider 166Mhz, so in theory I could tighten these timings a bit more, but as I said its all about a lack of time at the moment, maybe some other people have this memory at 1T (wait and see). I think the problem with the 1T timing was when it was overclocked above stock, before I put it on a divider and changed to 2T.

Associate
Bear in mind that if you use an official bios there is a cap on the HTT at 274MHz, this can be gone past using the OCW beta bios' as mentioned earlier on in the thread. How far you can overclock will determine which memory you should pick, but this is ultimately determined by the cpu. What processor are you going to be using with this board?

Soldato
That should be fine for me to be honest, I am hopefully getting hold of a 3800 X2, will make a nice difference from my XP2200 I have had for the last 3 years :p Will see how I get on with the shipping BIOS, that should really be enough for me unless it wants more.

Associate
My 3700+ has just arrived. I'moff work today, so time to start building me thinks....

Will post updates as and when i have them...

**EDIT** CCBWE 0542VPMW - Better add that. It's an OEM chip from OcUK.

Last edited:
Associate
Help...

Fatal Error - Unknown processor revision.

As posted above i got the 3700+. Is there a bios which is updated to support this revision of chip?

The chip is recognised, shows as 3700+ on boot, but does not recognise revision.

**EDIT - Went to the asrock site and downloaded latest bios. Will flash this and see how it goes..

**Edit2 - Cannot flash bios as fatal error - System Halted occurs before i get to the command prompt. How go i get around this?

Last edited:
Associate
UOcUK Poopscoop said:
What bios revision is it?

It will have a little sticker on the bios chip.

Sorry forgot to say..

It's P1.2. Needs P1.3 to support my processor. Asked my mate if i could use his 3000, but he wasn't agreeable to that, s'pose i can understand that!

Anyways, other than sending the bios chip off for updating, anyone have any ideas?

Soldato
well trying to get everything sorted before i build my new rig.

1 flaming thing. no SATA boot floopy with the mobo , whats all that about. tried looking everywhere for the image to put it onto floppy but no joy. the SATA drivers on the website is an exe but you need a Asrock mobo to install it.

how can i put windows on a SATA hard drive without a SATA boot floopy

Soldato
kidloco said:
how can i put windows on a SATA hard drive without a SATA boot floopy

I don't have a SATA hard drive so i'm not sure but when I installed this mobo and had the driver CD that came with the mobo in, it loaded something up something at startup, maybe the sata boot drivers on this disk instead of a floppy disk.

Back
Top Bottom