SKY HD

Soldato
wandgrudd said:
well thay make a box that takes a scart and turns it in to vga but not one that makes it HD.

Thats because it's not an HD signal to begin with. You can't turn an SD signal into an HD one. All you can do is scale it up and that will depend purely on how well your TV deals with that.

I have the JS Tech box in my lounge connected to my Panasonic 42" Plasma. Sky goes through an RGB scart cable in to the JS Tech box and then in to the plasma via VGA. The quality of Sky is fantastic. The little box really works some magic.

For a real HD picture you will have to wait for SKyHD, but then you won't be needing scart anyway. It will be either HDMI or component.

Soldato
Did anyone watch Planet Earth on an SD plasma the other night? It looked absolutely stunning. Rumours are BBC upped the broadcast bitrate for it, proving to me that theres plenty of mileage left in SD if only they didnt send out such lossy signals most of the time. I'd love to see a football game broadcast at the same bitrate as plant earth was. I'm sure its all a big plan by sky to make people think they need to upgrade to HD to get a decent picture.

Soldato
Goatboy said:
Sky have no rights to the world cup so would have to rely on ITV/BBC letting them show games - it's far from straightforward.

Sky Carry all the BBC and ITV traffic anyway.
So whats the problem?

Soldato
GordyR said:
I have the JS Tech box in my lounge connected to my Panasonic 42" Plasma. Sky goes through an RGB scart cable in to the JS Tech box and then in to the plasma via VGA. The quality of Sky is fantastic. The little box really works some magic.
Same here, great bit of kit.

Associate
Thank you for registering for Sky HD. As one of our registrants we promised to give you the opportunity to be amongst the first to get Sky HD. Now the wait is almost over. Due to the unprecedented interest in Sky HD we are offering you the chance to pre-order Sky HD now.

You'll need to pay a £30 deposit either online or in your local Comet store. Then during early April, before we open the lines to the general public, we will call you to complete your Sky HD order and arrange your installation. Sky HD pre-order is being offered on a first come, first served basis. Installations are scheduled to start from May.

The table below explains how much you will pay for Sky HD provided you take a Sky digital and Sky HD subscription.

cont196ni.gif

:D

Last edited:
Soldato
what sort of installation will be involved?

as my parents will want sky Hd but only if they can avoid letting sky install it as they're absolute cowboys from past experience, and my parents would rather get someone independent in to do it.

We already have a minidish and all the cabling in place for the normal sky digital.

Don
Just got that mail and pre-ordered myself.

Should finally shut the missus up complaining why we spent so much on an HDTV when there isn't any HD content to watch on it.

Associate
Ive recieved the email this morning and just preordered :) , couldnt remember what my Sky password was though so i had to phone them to find out as you need it when they phone next month ....cant wait now :).
GSXRMovistar ive also got that powerpoint presentation and i think ill leave it running on my plasma while the Sky chap is installing my HD ...just to make sure he does it right :)

Soldato
Got a preorder email from Sky this morning...

Price Breakdown:-

Sky HD Box - £299
Sky Digital Subscription - £15-42.50 p/m
Sky HD Subscription - £10 p/m
Sky HD Installation - Free
Sky+ Subscription - Free

*Sky One HD, Artsworld HD, National Geographic HD, Discovery HD and Sky Box Office HD will be available to all Sky HD subscribers. To get Sky Sports HD you will need Sky Sports 1 & 2 in your package. To get Sky Movies 9 HD you will also need Sky Movies 1 in your package and for Sky Movies 10 HD you'll need Sky Movies 2.

Soldato
Attu said:
Ive recieved the email this morning and just preordered :) , couldnt remember what my Sky password was though so i had to phone them to find out as you need it when they phone next month

Is the Sky password just the 4 digit number you use for buying Box Office movies?

Back
Top Bottom