Another Religious Fanatic :/

Soldato
Sleepy said:
Cos a representative of a group which organises protests at the funerals of service personnel is news.

No it's not, they should be ignored, beaten is better, but if my son where to be burried and some whacko chick had a banner saying thank God for his dead, I'd be having the same banner at her funeral.

That's the problem today, too much media attention everywhere. Just ignore them.

Soldato
Spud21 said:
Please cite me these wars, resources always have and always will be the main cause for conflict.

That woman is clearly mad, and should there be a god, thankfully for the rest of us he will send her off to be punished for all eternity.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/curr_war.htm
Im not suggesting there the cause but they certainly arent the solution, infact probably the catalyst.

Thats a fairly heft list there for you. Now compare that to history where it was 100s of times worse.

Soldato
How come she doesn't get beat to high heaven at these funerals? If she she turned up at one of my family's funerals, I would seriously beat the living crap out of her with my keyboard.

Stupid **** makes me sick :mad:

Permabanned
Mik3 said:
How come she doesn't get beat to high heaven at these funerals? If she she turned up at one of my family's funerals, I would seriously beat the living crap out of her with my keyboard.
It just goes to show that even americans under extreme provocation aren't as violent as the media portrays.
pyro said:
No it's not, they should be ignored, beaten is better, but if my son where to be burried and some whacko chick had a banner saying thank God for his dead, I'd be having the same banner at her funeral.

That's the problem today, too much media attention everywhere. Just ignore them.
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree then.

Associate
I think it's a little irresponsible to show the views of such people on television.

She is clearly mad and hopefully in a small minority of people who think such views. By showing it on television its just provoking over the top reactions from the audience. Already in this thread people have made sweeping statements about religion on the whole, just because they saw some nutter in a video clip.

I appreciate that journalism is about researching different people and exploring all the view points but I can't help feeling the effects of showing this sort of thing is also having a bad affect.

Permabanned
Bumhucker said:
I think it's a little irresponsible to show the views of such people on television.

She is clearly mad and hopefully in a small minority of people who think such views. By showing it on television its just provoking over the top reactions from the audience.
But she is not mad. She is completely sane. Granted her views are extreme and distasteful too many and the actions of this group are incredibly disrespectful of the fallen and their family and friends. Many would go so far as to describe them as evil. However none of this negates the warped logic of Phelps.

Their's a classic quote of Edmund Burke “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Yet if good men do not know of the evil then how can they resist it? Groups such as Phelps need exposing to the light, where they can shrivel in its glare.

Man of Honour
I'd like to be at the funeral of one of her dead relatives who followed her churches every word and say "Well theres no such things as innocents, they must have done something really bad".
She would probably agree though.

kill her with fire.

Associate
Sleepy said:
But she is not mad. She is completely sane. Granted her views are extreme and distasteful too many and the actions of this group are incredibly disrespectful of the fallen and their family and friends. Many would go so far as to describe them as evil. However none of this negates the warped logic of Phelps.

Their's a classic quote of Edmund Burke “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Yet if good men do not know of the evil then how can they resist it? Groups such as Phelps need exposing to the light, where they can shrivel in its glare.

Well put. My comment about being mad was just off the cuff. I didn't mean she was really mad, just mad in her actions.

Yes, exposing these groups is helpful in showing how warped they are. I just wonder if it is not without repercussions.

Man of Honour
Fred Phelps criminal record from Wikipedia:
Thats says a lot about the head of the 'church'

Burnsy

Back
Top Bottom