Check my spec mk 2

Soldato
Hi Split. Yes thats exactly whats causing the seasonic/ dfi problem. Its all over the web and DFi street (forums) abd has been so for months as a compatibility issue yet to be solved. It also occurs with some Antec NEO HE (HE only, not true/ smart power) and Asus A8 series boards. Its something to do with the way the PSUs are wired causing the way they call for power across one of the rails to be under. E.G. the 5V rail only being asked for 4V.

By the way, I recommend WD drives as I've gotten through hundreds of them in our system builds and VERY rarely have a problem. Some Maxtor drives can have issues with later NForce 4 boards. Hope this helps.

Best Regards

AndyOCUK
OCUK Tech Dept

Associate
OP
Just a quick thought... would it be worth me getting a fan controller so that I can turn down the speed (and loudness) of the case fans if my machine isn't doing anything taxing?

Associate
OP
*bump* Any ideas anyone? I'm wanting to order... very soon so will appreciate a quick yes/no as to whether a controller for fans is deemed worth spending money on

Soldato
MuSsEr said:
andyocuk what psu you using in the spec in your sig?

I'm gonna guess he might be using a Tagan.

Hi

I'm the tech manager at OCUK - I also build all our systems. With Asus boards, seasonic do not allow the board to call for power on the 5V rail correctly on certain models. We use Tagan in all our builds along with Asus boards and have never had a problem. They are extremely quiet, modular cabled for neat and easy wiring (= better airflow)

AndyOCUK
Tech Dept.

Soldato
I use the Tagan in all our SLi builds and have done for nine months - NOT ONE has failed. Lost count of enermax's failing and they also don't get along well with some DFi and Asus boards.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!! lol

AndyOCUK
OCUK Tech Dept

Godfather
Godfather
AndyOcUK is trying to help here, but please don't call the tech dept for advice as you could be holding up important support calls.

Also Andy, your sig is too big so I've removed it.

Back
Top Bottom