Watercooled Case Gallery

Soldato
first w/c'ed system :cool:

img07078as.jpg

img07051pb.jpg

Associate
I didn't know there was a watercooling thread :cool: Anyway here's mine. Another lovely V1000 for you.
It's a Swiftech Apex Ultra Kit with Apogee block and two MCW60 blocks for the graphics cards. This is my first ever w/c'd project so I'm pretty pleased with how it's turned out.

pc14bw.jpg

The pump is installed in the bottom of the case. I took out the second hard drive rack to fit it in. Reservoir is in the 5 1/4" drives compartment, standing up underneath my controller/thermal display thingy.

I wasn't as brave as andyr with my graphics blocks. I wanted to go from gpu1->gpu2 but the torque on the cards with the tight radius of the 7/16" tubing was incredible. So I went for the safer option of gpu1->rad->gpu2.
pc26nx.jpg

The rad. Not the most aesthetically pleasing of radiator mounts LOL. Does it's job though and it's outside the case and not being interferred with by any other fans. It's also on the side I don't see so it's not like I have to look at it all the time.
radiatorinstall1ck.jpg

One thing I've noticed (unfortunately only after I'd bolted everything down and got the water in) is that the fans on the radiator are pushing air through the rad rather than pulling. So that's something to be aware of if you buy this kit: check which way the fans are blowing before you put it all together.

I wouldn't mind some advice about that actually, if anyone knows whether it would be worth me turning them round. Also I'd love some help getting the fan speeds to display on my controller properly. I posted about this in another thread before but no one replied <sniff>. At the moment they are pretty loud and like I say, for some reason there is no display of the rpms when I connect them up to the TR3 display. It's not a huge problem, but I would like to be able to set some limits for temps vs speed via the TR3 and i can't do that without the rpms.

Temps at the moment are approx 30'C at idle and 36'C at load. That's as reported by Asus Probe for the cpu and the ATI CCC panel for the X1900s.

Apart from that, all comments welcome :)

Associate
andyr said:
Nice job , how do you find you psu in this case , easy to hide your cables ?
and how many tubes you got and what size are they as mine needs a bit of light. Thanks

Cheers mate :)

The cabling was difficult. I managed to tuck the unused cables behind where the pump is. Routed the PCIe cables round the back and up through the hole where the V1000's front panel cables normally come through (pulled out the front audio connector cable to make more room). The main and aux. m/board power cables plus normal molex cable then come up through the main cable slot in the middle of the case. The cables are pretty stiff but they're not impossible to route. Hmmm looking at it now it looks pretty carp, but it was the best I could do without making more holes in the case :o

This might show it a bit better:
cabling1mg.jpg

The UV is an Akasa Dual 12" with inverter from OcUK. The one you can't see is cable tied behind the slide rail at the top of the case. Also I got the mix of Hydrx a bit wrong lol. I was expecting to need a litre of water in there as I used about 7' of tube. Obviously I miscalculated horribly because I emptied the Hydrx into the res, then topped up with water and found I only used half a litre of water. So there's a 10% mix in there instead of 5%, which might explain why the glow is so bright!

Soldato
cheers for the help!

Ok some pictures, bare in mind i have since cable tidyed and also put it with the rest of my setup shown in bottom picture! check here for more on the watercooling HERE however it need updating a lot!! and now run the chip at 4.13ghz! :cool:

watercoolingmedium4su.jpg

img0339small3so.jpg

img0334medium3lv.jpg

use1largesmall9wp.jpg

Asus P4P800SE 865chipset
P4 3.2Ghz with hyperthreading @ 4.13ghz (max so far)
Koolance Exos 2 water cooling
Tagan 480watt
6800GT
2Gb Corsair value cas2.5
250Gb Sata hd's

plenty more goodies

Last edited:
Associate
Two quick pics, although it's not 100% finished yet:

front8ri.jpg

sidelow9wn.jpg

Specs:

AMD OP146 @ 3Ghz (300 X 10)
DFI Ultra D Nf4
X1900XT
2Gb Geil Value @ 2.5-3-3-7
Raptor 36Gb / Maxtor 250Gb
SB X-Fi EM
Lan card (ppl always laugh at this :p )
Mountain Mods UFO-2 case

Custom cooling loop:

AquaXtreme 50z
AquaXtreme MP-05 SP LE
PA 120.3
T-line
Musterkleer 7/16" hose

Parts missing:

AquaXtreme MP-1 GPU block: To my dismay my silverprop fusion won't fit my X1900, so I have one of these on it's way to me from the states,

Perspex panel for front empty drive bay: Who needs 10 5.25bays? :eek: I have a nice perspex piece on order to make this area into another window, rather than just blanking it out like the right hand 3 bays.

Custom etched window for the "back" side so to speak. I know it's a mess that side, but I have a window with a nice etching on it ordered from mountain mods that will cover it all up :)

The case really is gorgeous, the pics don't do it justice (although they show up finger marks on the front I can't see in the flesh :rolleyes: ) and was so easy to build in.

Overall I'm pretty chuffed, been saving a while for it, and waited patiently (I had the DFI and X1900 on a shelf for 3 weeks !) And best of all it plays every game schweetly (except planetside of course :p)

Last edited:
Associate
Nice to see another UFO on here. I really like the space in the Mountainmods, so easy to put stuff in. Though my desk acreage has suffered a bit :D

Just put the Maze 4's on the GPU's. Spec in sig.

I did not use the supplied 3.5" rack since I had some Zalamn HD coolers so got a 5.25" rack made up at work and powder coated to match.

Like shadydelboy says black powder coating does not photograph well looks much better in the flesh

Overall very happy with the results

Associate
Heres my setup, these are my before pics, got my dad coming round later to help me mod it as I suck at DIY. Will post some more once its done. Im going to mount the radiator either on the back or in the top. Any other suggestions welcome.

dsc063192lb.jpg

Soldato
Changed tubing last week :Went from 1/2" OD to 1/2" ID,like the look of the bulkier tubing. Also drilled out a couple of holes at the back to route my tubing as well

Before-

After- ;)

Rob

Last edited:
Associate
Hi , wanted to post this yet another change , added new Gpu block , cables need a bit of work still , as usual :D , got the other gpu block ready for when i can afford a master

picture1288ge.jpg

Soldato
Main Rig
Picture006.jpg

Spec:
Main Rig: A64 X2 4400+ @ 10x270, DFI SLi-DR Expert @ beta bios, 2GB GSkill HZ @ ddr 540 3-3-2-6, Connect-3D X1900XTX @690/800, 4*Hitachi 80GB Sata II RAID 0, Western Digital 400GB , Tagan 580w U15 (single rail mode), Akasa Eclipse 62, 2*NEC DVD Label Smokers, Ati Theater 550 Pro, X-Fi Elite Pro v3

Backup Rig/Other

Picture010.jpg

Spec:
Intel Rig: Asus P5WD2-E v-core modded/reboot modded, 930D @4.3Ghz, 1GB Patriot PC8000@ 1.047Ghz 4-4-4-12, Ledtek PX 7600GT-TDH, 2*western digital 80GB RAID 0, Tagan 480w U22, Lian-li v1000b+, Audigy 2 Cooled by - Apogee, MCW30, MCR220QP, D5

:D

Last edited:
Caporegime
My First go at H20!
PICT0569.jpg

Mounted the pump at the side of the Akasa Eclipse it was a perfect fit.Also the wheel holes lined up perfectly with the pump holes so I just used a longer screw to bolt the pump to the case....No drilling.

The res is mounted on the side of the CD rom bays high up ...again a great fit.

PICT0570.jpg

Cut out the honeycomb at the bottom for one tube and secured with rubber washer for a nice fit and to protect the tubing.

PICT0568.jpg

Also I just cut the PCI slot away keeping the screw hole in place just in case i need to install a card.

PICT0572.jpg

Side view with everything in place and I am pleased with the result. :D
Let me know what you all think.

Back
Top Bottom