Show us your TFT setups!!

D33

D33

Associate
Robert1986 said:
Do you think theres room for two 20" monitors to sit in the middle? I also want my case to be on the desk, on the right side.

Case will go on the right hand side of the desk fine, looking at my setup I'm thinking it might, just might ( it'd be a squeeze ) be possible to put two 20" widescreens side by side. Two 20" standards should fit I think.

Soldato
D33 said:
Case will go on the right hand side of the desk fine, looking at my setup I'm thinking it might, just might ( it'd be a squeeze ) be possible to put two 20" widescreens side by side. Two 20" standards should fit I think.

We have the same case, so if yours fits on the desk, mine will too. I just can't afford to keep this sort of case on the carpet. The fan that blows outwards is just asking for trouble. The case needs to be on a desk.

Associate
Mansize_tissue said:
Oh, really; so i'm guessing it's the 20WGX2. That's the monitor i want! What do you think of it? I don't know whether it's worth the extra money over the Samsung 206BW (which i might get) since it's only going to be used for gaming.

They are indeed the 20WGX2 but sadly the one on the left has got a bit "sick" and is currently on its way back to NEC.

Absolutely amazing screen with probably the best colour reproduction I’ve come across. Great at games if you push the gamma up (Show me a monitor that doesn’t need this) but the down sides of the screen is that it has no height adjust and many users are reporting a loud buzzing from the PSU but NEC will swap it out if that occurs (had to do it myself).

I’m switching to a dell 24" as I need the larger screen area but I’m seriously second guessing myself because of the quality of the screen.

Last edited:
Associate
Needed a new desk as my old one was way too small, so here's my new setup.
Think the desk is almost too big now, but I love it :)

desk1.jpg

desk2.jpg

desk3.jpg

desk4.jpg

Associate
Richierea said:
Needed a new desk as my old one was way too small, so here's my new setup.
Think the desk is almost too big now, but I love it :)

I dont think a desk can ever be to big as you will always find new or get old bits to put on it One thing a reason to buy bigger monitor may be ;) :p

Associate
Mansize_tissue said:
Richierea, where's that desk from; does the store begin with an "A" by any chance? I really like it.

Yes, it was Argos.
You need to buy the corner desk then 2 end units to support it.

Link here:
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6210052.htm

And the double cupboard I have at one end:
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6210870/Trail/C%24cip%3D50277.Office%2C%2BPC%2Band%2Bphones%3EC%24cip%3D50278.Office%2Bfurniture%3EC%24cip%3D50283.Modular%2Boffice%2Bfurniture.htm

All on page 692 if you have the catalogue.

You could have course go for 2 double cupboards and have it even bigger than I have ;)

And Kinggost, you're right, a desk can never be too big, always junk lying around to put on it :D
And having just bought a new monitor, I don't intend buying another just to fill the desk........although very tempting ;)

Soldato
Richierea said:
Yes, it was Argos.
You need to buy the corner desk then 2 end units to support it.

Link here:
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6210052.htm

And the double cupboard I have at one end:
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6210870/Trail/C%24cip%3D50277.Office%2C%2BPC%2Band%2Bphones%3EC%24cip%3D50278.Office%2Bfurniture%3EC%24cip%3D50283.Modular%2Boffice%2Bfurniture.htm

All on page 692 if you have the catalogue.

You could have course go for 2 double cupboards and have it even bigger than I have ;)

Thank you. I've actually been looking at this desk for a while, i just didn't know if it'd look right or be big enough. And now i've seen what it looks like properly, i'm definitely getting it! I was originally planning on getting the draws, double cupboard and hutch; 'should come to about £185.

The thing is, i've noticed Tesco (am i allowed to say that?) have a very similar set, if you look here, here and here, and it's quite a bit cheaper at £118, only without the hutch. Plus, being a Tesco employee, i can get another 10% discount making it about £106. Hmm, i just don't know whether the Argos one is worth the price premium. Do you think, if i got the cheaper set from Tesco and i got the hutch from Argos, they would match.

Soldato
manoz said:
Nah, OCUK don't sell desks so it doesn't matter in that context.

Aah, I thought you couldn't link to anyone else who sold similar products at all, as they have a small PC hardware section too, will remember that in future.

Associate
Mansize_tissue said:
Thank you. I've actually been looking at this desk for a while, i just didn't know if it'd look right or be big enough. And now i've seen what it looks like properly, i'm definitely getting it! I was originally planning on getting the draws, double cupboard and hutch; 'should come to about £185.

The thing is, i've noticed Tesco (am i allowed to say that?) have a very similar set, if you look here, here and here, and it's quite a bit cheaper at £118, only without the hutch. Plus, being a Tesco employee, i can get another 10% discount making it about £106. Hmm, i just don't know whether the Argos one is worth the price premium. Do you think, if i got the cheaper set from Tesco and i got the hutch from Argos, they would match.

I didn't see that one in Tesco's when I did a search, but I think I would have still gone for the Argos one, and paid the extra. The thick tops (over 1 inch) really set it off (and makes it very heavy!), and I think I like the look of the Argos one overall. Plus the Argos parts will 'bolt' together, so the whole thing lines up perfectly and makes it all very sturdy, forgive me if the Tesco one does the same. And there may be more choice of pedestals for the Argos one, more could be added later.
Up to you of course, Tesco's would save you money. As for the hutch, I was thinking of getting one, as I could do with a monitor stand, but I don't think it looks right on the corner desk, and I have a window on that side, so left it out. As it turns out I think I like it without, more open desktop space is nice. The Tesco one may fit fine on the Argos desk, but may no be an exact match, difficult to say.
Hope you get yours sorted either way :)

If you need any more info one this desk give us a shout....

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks again, Richierea. Will the double-cupboard pedastal on the Argos desk support the weight of a heavy computer tower? I'm about to drop £2000 on a new rig soon and it'd be nice to have it on "display" rather than hidden under the desk somewhere?

If Tesco did a matching hutch thing for their modular desk then i'd get that, and i don't really want to couple the Tesco desk, with Argos hutch, and run the risk of unmatching wood. I think i'll just go with the Argos one, despite it being double the price of the one in Tesco (which is actually temporarily out of stock at the moment). Is the build quality good on your one?

Back
Top Bottom