War Thunder - Free PS4 WW2 Fighter Jet Game - Tips, Tricks, etc

Caporegime
OP
do any of you know if you can actually team up?

otherwise it's pointless adding you all lol, i did add rhodri but i don't see any way to team up, it seems completely random the way teams and battles are made.

Associate
do any of you know if you can actually team up?

otherwise it's pointless adding you all lol, i did add rhodri but i don't see any way to team up, it seems completely random the way teams and battles are made.

I accepted, should be on this evening/tomorrow so we can see if it's possible if you're about.

Soldato
I've not really messed about with the friends list, but I noticed if you press options there are a lot of options blanked out so may be feature to come rather than present atm to play with friends.

Caporegime
OP
I've not really messed about with the friends list, but I noticed if you press options there are a lot of options blanked out so may be feature to come rather than present atm to play with friends.

this game is like a work in progress.

i think it constantly just gets update after update after update.

atm only arcade battles are available on ps4, on the pc they also have realistic battles and historic battles available.

basically this is just a small preview of the whole game, they will add to it continuously i imagine like they have the pc version so long as people are buying eagles.

at the end of the day it is a free game, but they aren't a charity, they won't put in the work if it isn't paying off, thats why they most likely have only bothered getting arcade battles running to start with to see what the response is like.

Soldato
Played this quite a lot on PC but haven't really got into it on PS4 yet since it forces you to start again and loses all your progress.

Would also really like it if you could use the touchpad on the PS4 to move the camera in cockpit view since I can't use cockpit view without being able to move the camera :(

Soldato
Totally addicted to this, nearly researched all the blenheim mods so will be able to get the 2nd bomber (tier 2).

Love the bomber, such a beast.

Caporegime
OP
the hurricane MK1 is a beast it has 8 machine guns on the front. basically takes out most fighter style planes with 1 hit. i have it fully upgraded.

in fact i have 3 unlocked planes fully upgraded, the research for new planes is killing me, it takes so long.

going to unlock spitfire, the next hurricane (oh lord it's going to be epic if it's better than the mk1), then the 3rd bomber.

the torpedo plane is a waste of time, useless at killing anything, i would stay away from that tbh it's really slow and struggles to climb even a few thousand feet.

Soldato
the hurricane MK1 is a beast it has 8 machine guns on the front. basically takes out most fighter style planes with 1 hit. i have it fully upgraded.

in fact i have 3 unlocked planes fully upgraded, the research for new planes is killing me, it takes so long.

going to unlock spitfire, the next hurricane (oh lord it's going to be epic if it's better than the mk1), then the 3rd bomber.

the torpedo plane is a waste of time, useless at killing anything, i would stay away from that tbh it's really slow and struggles to climb even a few thousand feet.

Need to use it if you want to unlock the bomber in that tree!

Soldato
I'm expanding all the Jap planes at the moment. They're not bad, not the best either though. I find that upgrading the gunners and bullet rounds help a great deal. I was wondering how I always got battered with a few rounds and I couldn't shoot a pigeon out the sky, but now I think I cracked it.

Soldato
Well i will eat my own words, gave this another chance today after reading some guides and it rocks! Took me a good while to learn how researching works (only the last selected modification will research) but now I have a fully upgraded Hurricane MK1 and a shiny new Spitfire :D

One question, how the hell do you take off again after landing?? I worked out how to land my Spitfire to capture an airfield in Domination, but then it wouldn't start up again and I got blasted full of holes...

Soldato
For Domination the japanese H6K4 is the daddy of runway capture planes.

I know it hasnt got any wheels but just put it down and once your repaired your in the air, lined up with the runway again. No need to take off :)

Caporegime
OP
I don't get how domination works I landed on a runway and capture it no issue it wasn't occupied.

I then land on enemy runway and nothing happens, just took off after a minute and started dogfighting.

Game is brilliant when you get to grips with how everything works.

Need to upgrade spitfire and second bomber.

Back
Top Bottom