1TB Hard Drive, only 100GB available

Associate
My dad partitioned my 1TB hard drive for me three years ago, 100GB for boot and 900GB for everything else (boot is in NTFS if that counts for anything, I can't check the other one). But the 900GB drive is nowhere to be seen, I can't see it in My Computer, it doesnt show up in the partition program used before. I have no experience in partitioning myself, but what can I do in this position?
Oh and I'm running 32bit XP

Associate
OP
Edit: Thanks for the reply, forgot my manners for a second.
8ocv3.png
Hum, I'm guessing I need to 'allocate' it. Is there any way I could make a fresh boot drive and then a regular drive, so I could move all my necessary files over to the new boot, then delete the old one?

Last edited:
Don
So you've had that space but never used it?

If that's the case then just do as said above. If you had data on there and it's now missing, then don't format it, run some recovery tools on it!

Let us know :)

According to that, you have no CD/DVD drive, is that correct?

Associate
OP
It was suppoused to be a format>new install job but obviously a step was skipped making the second partition. Rather than sort it out I adjusted my gaming, music and video taste to suit the small space (minimal) which is ridiculous, but probably amusing to hear. The drives are set up and waiting to be used now.
The CD drives in my case are decrepit things which howl and scream but don't actually work so they aren't even worth plugging in. Time for an upgrade!

Back
Top Bottom