Gas pre-pay meter

Permabanned
Today when I put more credit in a "low battery" message and then went to battery failed
My question is, How do I get the meter to bits to change the battery and does anyone know what type of battery they use

Permabanned
OP
Also when i moved into the flat on july 14th it had 6 pounds of debt on the meter. And i just put money on the gas meter today 15 pounds of it but it only gave me 4.50 and said 8 pounds owe then the battery went :(
I called them today to ask for the money back they said call back in 2 weeks time!!! so they can see what payments you paid when you moved in

had no hot water for awhile now

Soldato
Call up your energy supplier and tell them about this (I presume your gas supply is not cut off?). They usually come out very quickly for this and if you have anyone vulnerable in the property (kids, elderly, disabled, etc) they will come out within 4 hours during their working hours (usually 8am to 10pm). Just give them a ring tomorrow morning and see what they say but if you call in the morning they'll probably get it fixed the same day. Only problem is that they can't give you a specific time so someone is going to have to stay in.

As for the money while you checked the debt did you check if it also used up emergency credit? Those are 2 separate things and it usually never above 5 quid which sort of adds up to what you said in which case you'll have a hard time getting the money out of them. Usually it's a good idea to reset the meter and get a new card when you move in, however, I know that's not always possible.

Permabanned
OP
Shouldn't be a problem getting it back they should see what i paid on the system i used the same key that was in the flat when i moved in. They sent me a new gas card tho
yeah it used the emergency credit had -6 quid that i paid off and must have had bit more becuase i put 15 pounds on the gas card and only got 4.50 worth

I put my name on the account on the day i moved in

Soldato
Ah fair enough in that case shouldn't be a problem, I thought you just started using the card that was left in the meter.

Back
Top Bottom