Do any of you hide pets from your landlord?

Soldato
Do not hide the cat, whatever you do.

You will not be able to hide it. Pets leave traces - what happens if the landlord happens to drive past your house and sees the same cat in the garden repeatedly? Are you really going to hoover your house every day (or however often you'd have to do it, I'm no pet expert :p) to hide the fact a cat lives there? Is your cat trained well enough? What happens when he/she invariably scratches stuff?

It will either get found or you will go insane hiding it.

Just tell your landlord and pay extra.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Don't even waste your time. Either find another place or live without a pet.

Although cats are nowhere near as bad as dogs. Cats barely scratch anything as long as you've got rugs and a scratching post.

Dogs scratch much, much more. They scratch windows, for example.

Soldato
we have a cat and was no pets allowed...but I took the cat in anyway

landlord came around and I told him I had to have the cat as it's a stress reliever for me after my heart operation( total rubbish btw) and I@d leave the house the same way I got it when I moved out...he was pretty ok with me and the cat

Soldato
Yep 7months and counting, german shepherd here :)

That includes house visits and having things fixed, as long as your not a messy bugger things should be ok.

KaHn

Associate
I used to live in this place called the Foyer, it was basically supported housing for disadvantaged teens (lol). We weren't allowed pets but I kept a cat there for a good few months, my keyworker was some badass Nigerian woman who who used to have a go at me for not doing my washing up. I used to cover the camera and drop the cat off in the flat opposite whenever I had a flat check, then one day she turned up, let herself in with the security staff so I held the cat under my quilt, had a row with her for about 10 minutes then the bloody thing jumped out and lay on the floor by her feet :D

Needless to say she wasn't too impressed. My sister took the cat in for me though and I later took it one of its kittens

Back
Top Bottom