My Volvo S60 D5 Sport

Man of Honour
Hi guys this is my S60 D5 Sport its the 185 PS, manual gearbox, did want an auto really badly but was struggling to find a minter in budget which was fairly local

This one is 1 private owner from new and was a proper volvo enthusiast, even had S60 then his initials on a private plate, every receipt from volvo dealer, never been to an indipendant garage, it even has run flat tyres all round (dont think thats normal on these?) was on hunters tracking machine in 2010 and fully set up. Milage is 135,000

What you think

volvo1.PNG

volvo2.PNG

vovlo3.PNG

volvo4.PNG

volvo5.PNG

volvo6.JPG

volvo7.JPG

Soldato
can i ask how much?

Been looking around at similar cars recently. Although i have been put off by high milers as they don't seem to take it as well as other cars.

Man of Honour
OP
Was up for £4000, however i found a few problems on the test drive and got it for £3600

It needed a front wheel bearing - £100
Majour service - The oil alone is £95
Wipers - £40
Front tyres a tad low about 3mm not far off the marker

All done now apart from the tyres, going to shop around next week

Do not be put off by high milage D5's, they are built like tanks, I had the front suspension in bits yesturday and even at that milage every bush and the ball joint were still stiff and tight, the engines are solid too, have a look on ebay there are D5's with over 300k on them. I have owned about 50 Cars, mainly Fords, Vw, Skoda, Audi, Bmw, Vauxhall and this volvo is the most solid car I've ever owned

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
[TW]Fox;21903966 said:
50 cars and still not found one that lasts long enough to hang onto? :p

Lol get bored quick im always on the road, I dont see how I can get bored of this though its so comfy and smooth and fast if I give it some, only thing I will get sick of is changing gear

Last edited:
Soldato
Was up for £4000, however i found a few problems on the test drive and got it for £3600

It needed a front wheel bearing - £100
Majour service - The oil alone is £95
Wipers - £40
Front tyres a tad low about 3mm not far off the marker

All done now apart from the tyres, going to shop around next week

Do not be put off by high milage D5's, they are built like tanks, I had the front suspension in bits yesturday and even at that milage every bush and the ball joint were still stiff and tight, the engines are solid too, have a look on ebay there are D5's with over 300k on them. I have owned about 50 Cars, mainly Fords, Vw, Skoda, Audi, Bmw, Vauxhall and this volvo is the most solid car I've ever owned

Seems a good price. Believe me i have seen some bad high mileage D5's. The pick had to be one that rattled so bad at idle the glovebox would not stay shut.

Soldato
It rattled so bad at idle? The injectors may of been needing a refurb or timing could be out by a tooth or a engine mount

When moving it was fine which was wierd.

Had recent receipts for injector refurb and engine mounts about a year ago.

My gut feeling was it was a dodgy pattern engine mount that had worn out quickly but no chance i was taking the risk.

Man of Honour
OP
Fair doos, hope I dont have much bother Im covered upto £500 of free repairs through the AA but as we know £500 won't get you much on a D5, clutch and dual mass flywheel is about £700 to buy

Man of Honour
OP
I love the geargear much nicer then a mondeo, MrLOL do you still own a T5?

Just seen your from wakefield, my car comes from wakefield thats where the owner lived, in Sandal, WF2, is that a nice area??

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Mine was built for 260 bhp and runs 320bhp with a map no worries. The engine is strong. The guys over vpcuk can advise if you ever get interested.

I like the front bumper on yours, suits the car perfectly.

Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
the gear change doesnt feel any different to any other car i've driven.

What are you comparing it to ?

Ive driven the older V/S40'S new shape V60's and the V70, all seemed to have the same characteristic, they cant all have been broken, just found them to be vague and wooley. I havent driven the S60 tho.

Im comparing them to 320 (e90),Accord's and Passats, even a focus, those have been my last few cars.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Mine was built for 260 bhp and runs 320bhp with a map no worries. The engine is strong. The guys over vpcuk can advise if you ever get interested.

I like the front bumper on yours, suits the car perfectly.

O yeh just noticed I have some kind of splitter thing

To be honest Im not a 'performance' driver or a boy racer, I had a mondeo with 130 bhp which I thought was fast enough, so 185 bhp is more then enough

And 320 BHP ?!?! Wow lol :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom