Homemade protein bars and flapjacks

Caporegime
I did a quick search but didn't really find exactly what I'm after so thought I'd ask.

I got some protein bars from myprotein as they were on special offer - chocolate nut I think - and they are rather lovely. Now I don't particularly want the expense of buying them so am wondering if anyone has any recipes to make some at home.

Also after some nice protein-jack recipes.

TIA.

Man of Honour
I didn't really like the MP protein bar I tried unless they changed the recipe recently, I found them too sweet and loaded with unnecessary things...

anyway,

flapjacks I make aren't healthy really but they are rather delish!

oats
butter
honey/mollases/golden syrup
crushed roasted hazelnuts
protein powder (unflavoured or if you're feeling naughty, chocolate flavoured)

Mix it all together, bake in the oven and that's it!

Associate
3 cups decent muesli (no sugar, organic if poss)
1 whey scoop pumpkin seeds (optional)
1 whey scoop golden flax (optional)
5 scoops whey - choc, vanilla, toffee all work well

1 table spoon peanut butter (no sugar)
1 table spoon honey

--------------------------------------
mix all the dry stuff in a bowl

put the peanut butter and honey into a cup and add hot water (up to about 3/4 TOTAL but will need to experiment to get it perfect) and stir until no lumps

mix the wet and dry together (practice will let you know the right texture, but it should look like it's too dry and then just about form a really sticky ball)

spoon into non-stick pudding tray (x12) and gently pat them down TIP; wet the spoon and keep it clean to avoid getting sticky a mess
(I didn't have much luck making one big one and trying to cut it up)

pop in fridge, leave overnight, then put into tupperware (still in fridge) and consume within 3 days or they get a bit hard

NO COOKING REQUIRED :D

Last edited:
Suspended
If you believe all the marketing pap on the branded whey, the heat can degrade the whey - hence their reasoning for ultra-cold-triple-mega-uber-filtering or something.

^ This.

There is an amazing receipe on the Muscle Talk forums for flapjacks I have used in the past. I no longer have it sadly, but the ingrediants were peanut butter, honey, oats and protein powder. The peanut butter and honey were warmed briefly in a microwave, then the oats and protein were added and it was all mixed using fingers. It was then laid out in a deep tray and left to cool. I cannot remember the quantities, but the finished article provided around 8 bars with 25 - 30G protein per bar, and quick and slow release carbs as well as good fats.

Have a browse on the forums, you may find it.

They were the highlight of my day :D

Associate
guys!

I have a bit of a sweet tooth and I started making a relatively healthy oatcakes

before baking

IMG00003-20090702-2316.jpg

baked

IMG00004-20090702-2334.jpg

oats
raison
apple sauce
LIGHT brown sugar
little bit of flora

yum!

Back
Top Bottom