The Trip : Coogan / Brydon

Associate
Thanks for the heads up - didn't realise this had started.

Just watched the first episode and really enjoyed it. Liked the Michael Caine impression face off :D

Associate
OP
I hadn't realised how good Brydon was, as you say the face off was great and had me in stitches, Coogan comes across as a grumpy git :)

loved

"The North could be a different country"

or when Coogan is on the phone with his agent

Agent "You see you've got a huge amount of momentum behind you"

Coogan "Yeh, you get momentum when you're going downhill"

Soldato
It's strange but I could never bring myself to watch Rob Brydon in his earlier stuff, really didn't rate him at all, but he seems to have managed to grow on me, perhaps I have mellowed with age or he has improved with it. Coogan is another that I have always found very hit or miss, so I was quite surprised to find me watching the whole 30mins on iPlayer earlier with these two in, looking forwards to episode 2 :)

Associate
Those who enjoy Rob Brydon should also check out 'Rob Brydon's Annually Retentive' if they've not already seen it.

It's another show where he plays himself - Very funny and a good insight to how a lot of panel shows probably are.

Man of Honour
Yep, was ace. Particularly liked the fact that the marketing for it had passed me by and as such I hadn't seen half of it before watching.

Associate
I enjoyed it, loved the bit where Coogan was being shown around the rooms - was verging on Partridge. I've always rated Brydon, would recommend Human Remains and Marion and Geoff to anyone.

Associate
I thought it was Brilliant from start to finish. Looking forward to catching up with Episode 2 tomorrow.

Makes me wish Rob Brydon would stop doing Talk shows and gameshows and that Steve Coogan would stop doing rubbish American Films so they can both just concentrate on what they're both truely great at, comic acting.

Soldato
I saw an advert ages ago with these 2, they were both doing their impressions of Michael Cain I believe, is this the same show?

Back
Top Bottom