The **Now Eating** Thread

Associate
eemj.jpg

Recipe please.

Soldato
Recipe please.

I used the left over chicken from the bird in my post above, so just adjust the cooking times if you decide to use raw chicken.

ingredients:

Sauce:
Ketchup of your choice
soy sauce
oyster sauce
grated fresh ginger
grated fresh garlic
fresh red chilli, sliced.
Hoi-Sin sauce.
toasted sesame oil
a little water to loosen it up a bit.

Meat:
chicken or prawns

Vegetables:
Mushrooms
I would also add anything else you fancy or have in the fridge. All I had was the mushrooms. Beansprouts, corn, mangetout etc all work well.

To finish:
Fresh coriander
juice of a lime.
Fresh noodles, I used rice.

Oil:
Groundnut

Method:

Heat the oil in your wok or pan of choice. Wait till it's smoking.

add your chicken, then vegetables. If it's sticking, add a little water or some of the sauce to loosen it up a bit and stop it catching.

Keep it moving all the time and when the chickens half cooked, add all the sauce.

Finish with some fresh coriander and lime juice.

Takes less than 10 mins including prep.

Soldato
Currently nomming a huge 500g pot of cherry and pomegranate yoghurt because it's out of date and I don't want it to go to waste..... Will I be on the toilet all night tonight?? :o

Man of Honour
Chicken jalfrezi with Pilou rice, onion bajee's and a peshwari naan
Mr.Marvelous would be proud of me :D

2irawoy.jpg

nice cheap dinner, Jalfrezi/rice/bajee's £1.92 (half price) and 35p for the peshwari naan from Tesco

Last edited:
Soldato
Chilli

I made a paste using

onion, carrot, celery, cumin, coriander, fenugreek, cloves, fennel seeds, kashmiri chilli powder, a whole scotch bonnet, coriander leaves, lime zest, a whole dried kashmiri chilli, a bog standard red chilli, garlic cloves, ginger, red wine vinegar, tomato puree, water, rapeseed oil, salt, pepper, smoked paprika.

Fried it off for 10 minutes, fried the mince in a seperate pan to get some caremlization going, then tipped it in and cooked with a tin of chopped tomatoes, a little water and some beef stock.

Cooked it out for an hour, then finished with fresh lime juice and coriander.

I had it with some coconut rice and some yogurt

59b7.jpg

It tasted amazing, next time I'll do it with a shin of beef.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom