Is Roy "Pretty Boy" Shaw Dead?

Caporegime
He was an underworld figure who was incredibly hard. He done 18 years for armed robbery and was constantly being done for assaulting prison officers and the like.

When he came out, he kind of turned straighter and became a bare knuckle fighter, fighting Lenny McLean of Lock Stock fame on 3 occasions, winning once.

He also became a millionaire through business deals, although I don't know how shady they were.

He was the main entry in Kate Kray's book, Hard ******s.

royshaw.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Then out of interest why do you bother posting in this thread, along with all the other people that feel the need to let every thread reader know that they don't know who he is :confused:

Saying they don't know who he is, is perfectly valid in a discussion where you want details on if he has died.

Soldato
He was a paragon, something for the youth of today to admire and emulate. What a great loss we have suffered.

Am I being trolled or something? I've just checked his Wiki entry out, and what exactly is there to admire about this man? Who in their right mind would want to emulate him?

Oh joy! I would love to be a Cat A prisoner, considered criminally insane at some point and violently attack and injure people. What an upstanding citizen!

Soldato
Not really. We need an, "I'm not being entirely serious" smiley here.:)

I've heard people say similar things about "The Krays" and go on about how great and amazing they were, deadly serious of course.

Spoffle's sarcasm meter is obviously malfunctioning.

He was no-one to admire. However, I would have loved to have been able to have a tear up like him.

As above, I couldn't tell if it was a wind up, or that sort of attitude.

Soldato
I didn't know who he was but now I do know.

Love reading about nutters :) always interesting to hear/read about the world from their point of view.

Back
Top Bottom