DELETED_96987

Soldato
Northampton has some nice estates and it's not far on the train, just putting it out there :) Oh and around your price point.

e; Elaboration: On my estate you can get yourself a two bed for about 550.

e2; Just had a look, from the train station to MK7 it's 30 minutes on the bus :(

If you do decide that MK is out of your budget and you're looking in Northants there's a few of us on here I'm sure if you drop any of us a trust we'll help you steer clear of the bad places :)

Last edited:
Soldato
The small towns and villages will be out of budget, even looking at prices in MK it would be house shares at that budget.

Northampton, Bedford and Luton would be areas that you could perhaps find somewhere. There is also Wellingbrough which is popular for 1 bed rentals as it is on the train link to London.

Like anywhere those towns will have their good and bad places, if you are looking in MK I can advise of some of the not so nice areas.

Soldato
you will need to go north for that money. MK, Luton, Aylesbury, Leighton Buzzard etc will all be big money. Northampton when I looked last year was good value. I quite like the town myself.

I live in Leighton Buzzard and would recommend it, however your budget would not go far i am afraid.

Soldato
you will need to go north for that money. MK, Luton, Aylesbury, Leighton Buzzard etc will all be big money. Northampton when I looked last year was good value. I quite like the town myself.

I live in Leighton Buzzard and would recommend it, however your budget would not go far i am afraid.

This. 1 Bedroom flats of any sort of quality start at £550.

Ain't cheap round these parts. :(

Soldato
£500 in a London commuter town does not go fair I'm afraid!

But as you drive there are a few towns on the outskirts that are actually quite cheap and may be doable, look at Towcester / Deanshanger. If you can stretch to £600 Old and Stony Stratford is certainly doable!

The MK members seems to have grown somewhat in the last few years going off the amount of replys here! :)

Caporegime
Having moved here recently(and fairly temporarily as I can't remotely afford it long term) £500 ain't going to happen. You can get a pretty big 2 bed at 1k to the point where you might be happy sharing. Smaller 2 bed places at £750-800 but I'd think you'd feel fairly cramped sharing with someone.

There is probably cheaper but there is a LOT available in the £750-1250 range in various sizes/quality depending on area. Wolverton and nearer Bletchley have had a lot of building going on and quite a lot of flats, lots more flats around Campbell Park which itself is a really nice park to be close to.

There are parts to avoid, being in MK there are lots of quiet and nice spots and only a few you'd really want to stay away from, and pretty much anywhere in MK is quick to travel around even at rush hour.

Lots of new flats in Woburn Sands which is a nice area, bit further from central MK but still a very quick journey.

If you definitely want to live on your own on sub £600 as others have said, further out is the only way to go, Bedford, or depends where you want to live. There are some cheaper places outside of Bedford I saw when I was looking around, bungalows in smaller villages very close to Bedford.

Associate
Like others have said, you won't be able to get anything in a nice area of MK for that money, it might be possible in some estates but I wouldn't want to do it.

A couple of my work colleagues rent nice places in the outskirts of Northampton for about your budget, just a quick trip down the M1 wouldn't be too bad for a commute.

Soldato
Just go to Bedford, mate of mine has a small 2 bed cottage couple of mins from the town centre for £495 a month. Still a 25/30 min commute into MK (traffic) but there or Northampton more or less cover what you need.

Sadly the nicer places in the Olney sort of area are going to be more, as is most places actually in towards MK.

Parents live in olney, i grew up in the place and it is very nice but as said it is also expensive. Used to love the Christmas markets too, i'm going back 15 years now though.

Small world, I grew up about 10 mins out side of Olney, did you go to the middle school there??

Back
Top Bottom