Changed network provider, second thoughts

• Thread starter Deleted member 651465
  • Start date
Soldato
Mate your should try working there :eek:

3 will never have a true 4G network

Actually just had that discussion with a guy on the phone and again with a friend after I got off the phone - the staff there seem to be trained to completely different standards, some know about things, some don't... it's really quite bizarre.

As for you saying 3 will not have a true 4G network... that sounds like more EE dodgy training speak to me. They will in fact have a full LTE network which I have no doubt will be significantly faster than anything EE can offer, simply due to the fact EE are getting more and more incompetent by the day.

They have apparently removed the cap for me again, but don't get a good signal at home so will have to wait until I'm out to check, but really don't think it's going to have worked. If it's still capped and they can't do anything about it I'm just going to cancel as in my opinion I'm not getting what I'm paying for.

Soldato
As for you saying 3 will not have a true 4G network... that sounds like more EE dodgy training speak to me. They will in fact have a full LTE network which I have no doubt will be significantly faster than anything EE can

Do you have facts or knowledge on the subject ? where do you think three will get their 4G service from exactly, do you even know what part of the spectrum they own to be able to?

Soldato
Do you have facts or knowledge on the subject ? where do you think three will get their 4G service from exactly, do you even know what part of the spectrum they own to be able to?

I have 2x5 Mhz of 800MHz and they also get a chunk of the 2.6MHz from EE so they will be getting 4g.

The problem with EE is that 1800MHz has very poor building penetration and therefore it is not so useful indoors, or in areas with big buildings, it is slightly faster but its better to be on the 800MHz like Verizon has in the US and there coverage is so much better then that of AT&T.

Last edited:
Soldato

They have 2 x 5MHz of 800MHz they bought in the recent auction and some 1800MHz they got from EE.

EE also have 800MHz, 2600MHz and some remaining 1800MHz. They are currently only using 1800MHz.

The lower the frequency the more range and building penetration it has, but the slower it is.

Last edited:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

OP
Ordered the 12 month "one plan" from 3 with £65 cashback.

I think I will wait 12 months to see who comes out on top for 4G. At the moment it's not available where I live and it's shady at work so I couldn't justify the extra £11 a month.

Shame really as I'm going to be messing around sorting PAC codes out for the next 5 days by the time my new 3 sim comes in the post. Should have accepted the cancellation offers and just switched tariffs :o

Why do you say EE will have poor building penetration? As far as I'm aware only Vodafone own a substantial chunk of 800MHz spectrum, so all the carriers will have the same chance with their 800MHz chunks :confused:

Soldato
Why do you say EE will have poor building penetration? As far as I'm aware only Vodafone own a substantial chunk of 800MHz spectrum, so all the carriers will have the same chance with their 800MHz chunks :confused:

They currently only have the 1800MHz deployed, the higher the frequency means less building penetration but you get higher speeds, my knowledge is rather limited pass that but I believe it has to do with the wave lengths.

Also Vodaphone and O2 both have 2x10 800MHz.

http://media.ofcom.org.uk/2013/02/20/ofcom-announces-winners-of-the-4g-mobile-auction/

Personally think its wise to give it 1 year to see who's best, its good to note that O2 has to provide 95% of Britain with 4G.

Soldato
Do you have any evidence of that? Since no-one other than EE have currently deployed, I'd think it would be better to see how the networks compare once we have the physical product (so to speak) on offer.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

OP
Just got off the phone to EE.

I requested a PAC code and account cancellation, but they're saying I will need to send my EE sim back to them before I get the PAC code, which could be "the next few days" :rolleyes:

I couldn't give a **** about sending the sim back, but why hold my PAC code ransom for this? Once I port the number the sim is useless anyway?

Called them again, and I don't have to send the sim back but must wait "up to 48hrs" for a PAC code as they have to "reset my obligation" aka cancel the contract.

Talk about poor communication. I don't think I'll even consider them for the future after this, unless they come out with a market leading offer or coverage rollout.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
stay on them, go to a shop if needs be and cause a fuss!. i worked in phone sales. very cut throat, and slow on service when things go wrong. they can sign you up for a phone in 1 min. but suddenly it takes "48 hrs to rest my obligation" lmao. i start shouting when companies start giving me that ****.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

OP
I'm on annual leave and babysitting my 3 year old, otherwise I'd have gone in-store and done exactly that!

In honesty the new number I've been given by 3 has a lot of repeating digits, so I may change my number but that's not the point :o

Caporegime
Can't wait until 3 get their free upgrade to 4g
800mhz is exactly what might give my 4g.i can hope.

I don't need more than a few megabits, if you aren't tethering why would you
I get 10 megabits at work down, up to 3 megabits at home :)

I would never go to EE, their prices are truly shocking.
Been with three for a while now, best for me in terms of price and speed.

Soldato
You should count yourself lucky you didnt go to Vodafone - now THAT is a network with shockingly bad reception.

Yep. I was with Virgin(which uses t-mobile) and got 3g everywhere near where I live. I'm now with TalkTalk(which uses Vodafone) and I hardly get 3g anywhere near where I live or work. The best I get is edge:rolleyes: Although I do only pay £3.75 a month.

Back
Top Bottom