Lexus LS430

Soldato
Lexus LS 430 was one of the finest luxury sedans available anywhere, it has really a excellent build quality and an impressive array of features, that is liked by every one. Well I think that it also offered a richer, more stylish and roomier interior with advanced safety and luxury features.

You sound like a Japanese sales brochure :p

It's a good car with a lot of impressive technology, but no doubt it's an ugly great slab of a car. It lacks the classic lines and joie de vivre of a Jaguar XJ, the poise and precision of a 7 Series BMW or the elegance and pedigree of an S class Mercedes.

See I can do the sales brochure thing too :p

Last edited:
Associate
They're by far and away the best value for money car in their class, and offer the best 'road-comfort' out of any car I've been in. If I had the money I'd buy one today (or rather the LS600hl) :)

Don
OP
Well I looked at it. No sale.
I just couldn't get past the ugly ass looks and very dated interior technology.

I went and looked at an A8 today too from a main agent. That was lovely but I just couldn't get him to budge down to where I wanted him to be on price. Much as the A8 is unreliable I just love them. Am I mad?

Soldato
Not mad no, you just really like A8s, I can understand why. I don't have the same thing for the A8, with me it's with Jags, but I absolutely get it.

So what was the Lexus like to drive? assuming you drove it.

DM

DM

Permabanned
Well I looked at it. No sale.
I just couldn't get past the ugly ass looks and very dated interior technology.

I went and looked at an A8 today too from a main agent. That was lovely but I just couldn't get him to budge down to where I wanted him to be on price. Much as the A8 is unreliable I just love them. Am I mad?

No thats not being mad, everyone has a car to love, mine are Jags pretty much.

Its just a shame the shape of Jag i love stopped so i will never be able to have one as my main car.

Give the main agent a few days then ring back about the A8 see if he has had a change of heart, it does happen.

Don
OP
I just looked at and drove a 730d on a 56 plate. Most of the right options (soft close doors, power boot lid, comfort seats etc). It's in budget (I've decided to spend a fair bit more than 12k to make sure I get the right car) and from a BMW main dealer.
I think I might buy it.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I just looked at and drove a 730d on a 56 plate. Most of the right options (soft close doors, power boot lid, comfort seats etc). It's in budget (I've decided to spend a fair bit more than 12k to make sure I get the right car) and from a BMW main dealer.
I think I might buy it.
Do it. I doubt you'll regret it.
But if you don't like it, it shouldn't be too much trouble to sell on.

Don
OP
mjt; said:
Do it. I doubt you'll regret it.
But if you don't like it, it shouldn't be too much trouble to sell on.

My thoughts too. I normally dislike diesels but it seems to suit the 7.
Its done 75k motorway miles with 1 owner so should be good for another 75k without throwing up too many big bills.

Back
Top Bottom