Tesco Broadband - Thomson TG580 Password???

J86

J86

Associate
Hello,

I've just swapped onto Tesco broadband, and they have not supplied me with a user/pass for the Thomson TG580 router they've given me.

I've tried the usuals I can think of, admin/admin etc, but with no luck.

Anyone know what user/pass they set on this router?

Don't really want to wait til tomorrow to call them as I want to set up all my wireless devices tonight ideally!

Thank you! :)

Soldato
try SuperUser or Administrator as the username and the password as the serial number of the router.

The current version of the O2 routers which are Thomson TG587nv2 seem to use them details

Last edited:

J86

J86

Associate
OP
try SuperUser or Administrator as the username and the password as the serial number of the router.

The current version of the O2 routers which are Thomson TG587nv2 and thats usually the details they use

Didn't work :(

Thank you anyway :)

Associate
Tried admin / no password? I think I had a Thomson awhile ago that came with no default password.

Default is Username = Adminstrator; Password is blank. At least for some of them.

J86

J86

Associate
OP
Tried admin / no password? I think I had a Thomson awhile ago that came with no default password.

Default is Username = Adminstrator; Password is blank. At least for some of them.

Yeah,

I just messaged a dude on the bay who was selling this router asking if he knew, he said it was "admin" and the network key on the bottom, but that didn't work either :(

Thank you though

Soldato
According to a few websites, leave the username and password blank. Never known it to work, but ya never know! Also, is there anything on the underneath of the router (No doubt already checked there).

J86

J86

Associate
OP
Fisha, did you manage to find out the username/password for this router? Mines arrived and I can't login. Tesco haven't provided the login yet...

It's

user: Administrator
password: the wireless network key (in caps - as it is on the bottom of the router) :)

I did try this before but it didn't work, I guess I must have typed it wrong! :p

Back
Top Bottom