Peugeot 206 head gasket cost?

Associate
My wife's Peugeot V reg 206 needs a new head gasket as it's leaking and I was interested to know how much this would cost in say a main dealer? My neighbour who works in a reputable garage (not main dealer) has offered to do the job including parts for around £250 to £300.

I know nothing about cars so any advice would be most helpful.

Soldato
The part itself is quite cheap (depending on where you get it of course!) not sure how much labour is involved. I'd get a second opinion tbh.

I would ask a main dealer and a couple of independents too. Had a couple of bits done by a main dealer that were cheaper than my local grease monkey, others are way out there!

Associate
I would probably buy the head gasket from a dealer personally (as I'd want to ensure the replacement is of decent quality, just my opinion mind). It wouldn't be a good idea to get them to do the work though - my local Peugeot dealership for example charges £90 an hour, and on a labour intensive job like this it'll leave you completely broke.

Associate
That seems like a fair price.

If it's the infamous TU head gasket leak from just above the alternator, then you definitely want the head skimmed. I've seen people replace the gasket without skimming and the leak comes straight back.

Back
Top Bottom