Selling Nissan 350z .... ideas please ?!

Tea Drinker
Don
Too much waffle I got bored after the first paragraph, no one cares it's been reduced, no one cares that you have a family, you'll put people off saying you serviced it yourself, get rid of the tyre kickers bit, get rid of the bolster picture, the next owner will be the 5th owner, far to expensive.

Associate
I agree with the others. If I'm looking for a second hand car I'd be checking out PH and Autotrader. Usually Autotrader first and comparing with other similar ages and models. I thought showing the leather scuffing was good as makes you feel it's a more reliable seller.

I usually only look at PH if I'm checking out something special. AT makes it easier to filter when looking for more common cars.

Good luck with the sale! :)

Soldato
Needs to go on autotrader really. On the whole people look at eBay for local oddities and bargain bangers, not proper money car purchases.

Self service may well put people off as will el cheapo tyres on a car like that. Both give the impression of no expense spent type ownership.

Oh and re clean the centre console and snap another photo. That looks like my monitor at work when the cleaner has been in with her damp rag approach to cleaning :p

Soldato
Shame he didn't keep up the full nissan dealership stamps... you went until 30k, why not continue lol.

Mine is 33k full Nissan service history... I see no reason to spare a few quid and ruin the reputation of the service book if the previous owner has been doing it properly.

Associate
Too much waffle I got bored after the first paragraph, no one cares it's been reduced, no one cares that you have a family, you'll put people off saying you serviced it yourself, get rid of the tyre kickers bit, get rid of the bolster picture, the next owner will be the 5th owner, far to expensive.

Harsh, but this.

Associate
I bought a 350z a few months ago, paid £7500 for 05 GT with 22k miles and 2 owners and I've since seen similar advertised from a dealer

Your price point might need to come down just a little, one thing that might be helpful is to mention that as its pre-06 tax is £275pa rather than £475pa which is what made me start considering pre-06 cars

Soldato
Don't see the problem listing it on ebay. It gets you out to the biggest audience possible, and anyone who is seriously interested in the car will view it and possibly negotiate on viewing it anyway, just like they would with Autotrader / Pistonheads, so I don't see the issue.

Associate
I thought the listing itself was OK, some people like story tellers!

The "self servicing", horrible front tyres and the fact it's overpriced don't help..

eBay is OK though, seems to have a fairly good reputation with selling cars nowadays!

Soldato
I thought the listing itself was OK, some people like story tellers!

The "self servicing", horrible front tyres and the fact it's overpriced don't help..

eBay is OK though, seems to have a fairly good reputation with selling cars nowadays!

I just don't think its the type of car you buy on ebay.

When i bought mine ebay didn't even cross my mind. It wasn't a punt or a bargain, its the type of car that is researched and people spend time looking for. Yes, you can get that type of car on ebay but its not your first thought.

Tea Drinker
Don
eBay is fine for selling you just have to consider your market, I've sold loads of cars my run down is

Mazda 6 ripe for taxi driver - ebay
High mileage Alfa - word of mouth
Volvo S80 for old guy - AT
Prelude Cat d - ebay
Yaris for old girl = AT
1.4 Civic breadvan low mileage - AT
Cheap motorbikes - ebay

Consider the audience, anyone who is IT literate and handy will be on ebay, all others will be on AT however will just be searching by price and basics like mileage and age so a high mileage or older car is best suited to ebay, all in my experience

This 350 is ripe for ebay just at the right price

Soldato
Not sure why people are saying cars this price don't sell On eBay, I thought more cars sell on eBay than anywhere else now?

Well probably due to personal experience, in that all the people saying that would only look on eBay for cheap runarounds and bargain bangers, not to be paying top dollar for something like a 350Z.

Rightly or wrongly, I wouldn't assume i'd find anything worth buying on eBay unless I was after cheap and cheerful and I suspect that's the perception a lot of people have.

It just doesn't seem a 'legit' place to want to sell a high performance car, i'd assume there's something amiss with it if it was only on eBay and not AT or PH.

Tea Drinker
Don
eBay gives you more info on a car if the seller can be bothered, bigger better pictures, seller history, easier to search, easier to search for a specific model, watch cars and generate a list, I think it's a great way to buy and sell cars, A/T is expensive full of adverts and whenever I've sold on A/T you get idiots ringing you up all the time.

However there's a place for both and I've had no success on eBay with some cars that just fly off on A/T, horses for courses.

Back
Top Bottom