British Summer Time 2014 begins on Sunday, March 30

Caporegime
Counting down to get BS winter done and dusted. Cold dark nights...rain,snow,mucky pets, forced celebrations....

Crap TV...boring nights in,no walking on the beach after work....

ewe:(

Help me break this hatred with winter pls.

easy

Capodecina
Soldato
Go away. I ****ing love Autumn and Winter.

Beautiful colours, fires, Halloween, mulled wines, bratwurst, Christmas markets, fireworks, snow. Autumn and Winter are truly magical and atmospheric.

Stop being such a misery.

Soldato
Never did I think I would say this but Lysander has summed up my feelings perfectly.

What a shock that the OP in particular becomes depressive with a clock change...

Caporegime
i dont like this transition period where its cold and wet
when its cold enough to freeze, that i like.. crisp ice sprinkled lawns, crystal clear skies, the light from an early sunset glistening off a frozen lake with me wrapped up warm and my new camera..thats what im looking forward to

Last edited:

Beautiful colours, fires, Halloween, mulled wines, bratwurst, Christmas markets, fireworks, snow. Autumn and Winter are truly magical and atmospheric.

+1. Granted, I like the sunshine but I'm hot-bloodied, the type who will sleep with a window open unless it's like -5C outside. And if I feel cold, I just stick on an extra layer. Haven't put the heating on yet, but it has been an unusually warm October. On the contrary, I suffer if it's 25Cish.

Btw OP, you're in the UK, so OP title is 30th March, not March 30th :p

Permabanned
I quite like the winter to be honest. It's the time I'll actually build my fitness up back to where it should be each year, I eat a lot better too as always cooking stews and the like and as Lystander said there's many things special about the winter.

Soldato
I love this time of year for 2 reasons.

1. It's easier to get warm when it's cool than it is to get cool when it's warm.

2. Orion is out at night and that's my favourite constellation. I hope to see Betelgeuse go supernova in my life time.

Caporegime
OP

I'm not:mad:

Winter is an inconvenience...getting to work where I live is not fun in a rear wheel drive BMW on these country lanes in the snow.Its scary and takes an hour longer.Plus I can't use my motorbike so it cost me more to get to work.

You can spin it all you want...romanticise it...But Trees are bare its cold and Halloween is just one night...Fireworks freak my dog out Christmas Markets how much tat does one need

Capodecina
Soldato
I'm not:mad:

Winter is an inconvenience...getting to work where I live is not fun in a rear wheel drive BMW on these country lanes in the snow.Its scary and takes an hour longer.Plus I can't use my motorbike so it cost me more to get to work.

You can spin it all you want...romanticise it...But Trees are bare its cold and Halloween is just one night...Fireworks freak my dog out Christmas Markets how much tat does one need

BahHumbugCat.jpg

Back
Top Bottom