• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

i3 3220 vs fx 6300

Associate
8320? I got the board bout a year ago ish, I got the 1100t for 40 quid, whoop! The steamroller could be an option but I thought the amd fx were at a pretty good price at the moment hence the upgrade itch

Caporegime
Only issue with SR, it's meant to be 2014, no 100% guarantee it'll be AM3+
And the FX prices aren't bad.

And AMD FX8320, pretty much the only AMD CPU I'd really consider getting.

And I can see why you did go AMD, 1100T at 40 quid would have be dropping my load left right and centre.

Associate
Pmsl yes the guy sold it me as not working as he didn't know if it worked, bit of a risk but well worth it!
Is the 8320 a good overclocker? Just wondered why you'd choose that one?

Soldato
A lot of people always say "well you can just buy X second hand in a few years to upgrade" except everyone thinks that, so it ends up in a few years time that the processors on Ebay don't end up any cheaper due to the slew of people with older motherboards.

Its always worked in my experience, I.E a friend of mine who got an i3 540 back when they were new just replaced it with a used i7 870 he got for £90. That's the same price as an i3 3220 for a CPU that will clock to ~ the same single core performance but destroy the i3 in multithreaded.

Back
Top Bottom