*** Official Elder Scrolls MMO Thread ***

Ole

Ole

Associate
Is the Nuuvem deal still working? I bought mine a while ago but got a couple of mates interested in playing (I've been convincing them...) but it seems to say £s now?

Associate
Opened up the launcher for the first time since the final beta test and it's updating. Is this the patch transferring it from the beta client to launch? And how big should it be?

Soldato
OP
Is the Nuuvem deal still working? I bought mine a while ago but got a couple of mates interested in playing (I've been convincing them...) but it seems to say £s now?

Yeah it still works, if Hola!'s proxies aren't working, just click the down thumb saying "not working" and then click the non premium button and it'll try again with another proxy. Eventually one will work.

Opened up the launcher for the first time since the final beta test and it's updating. Is this the patch transferring it from the beta client to launch? And how big should it be?

Its downloading a couple of big patches from the PTS. The conversion from Beta client to Launch client happens tomorrow.

Associate
Ok , so i caved and have brought it lol

PvP sounded so much like DAoC of old, that I couldn't resist any longer hehe.

So a question to you LateX'Dog, if i wanted to play a healer, which way would you suggest i go?

Cheers

Soldato
OP
So a question to you LateX'Dog, if i wanted to play a healer, which way would you suggest i go?

At the moment, Sorc's are the best healers due to the recent Templar nerf to their Magicka regen.

But for example you can play a Nightblade and go support healer, where you can pump out some OK DPS, while healing the group/raid at the same time.

So best thing to do is think about what weapon style you like, then race and then see which class fits.

Associate
At the moment, Sorc's are the best healers due to the recent Templar nerf to their Magicka regen.

But for example you can play a Nightblade and go support healer, where you can pump out some OK DPS, while healing the group/raid at the same time.

So best thing to do is think about what weapon style you like, then race and then see which class fits.

Cheers for the response.

Ive always just been an out and our healer, never really been good at the tanking/fighting side of PvP lol, so im either happy with a shield & mace/sword or 2h sword/mace if any of them are possible.

Associate
Is there any reason to just get the Imperial edition even if I don't actually know/I haven't decided which faction I'm going to play?

Soldato
OP
Cheers for the response.

Ive always just been an out and our healer, never really been good at the tanking/fighting side of PvP lol, so im either happy with a shield & mace/sword or 2h sword/mace if any of them are possible.

Its possible, but you might get into issues with magicka regen without the healing staff. Heavy Attacks with the healing staff give you 10% IIRC magicka back.

But play around with the http://esohead.com/calculator/skills and see if you can get a 1h and shield spec to work. There is no reason why not, you just need to be imaginative with your skills.

Is there any reason to just get the Imperial edition even if I don't actually know/I haven't decided which faction I'm going to play?

Personally the only reason to get the Imp Edition is for the cheap mount. But if the Imp race appeals to you, then go for it.

Remember though, you can buy a horse from your account by upgrading your account.

Is there any news on what time(GMT) early access will start on Sunday?

As far as we know its still 12pm Sunday. But a couple of things to remember, the ESO beta's always started early and with the clocks going back (Right?) that might mean if we are lucky it might start around 10am. But since the servers are in America, i would imagine they'll stick to the same time as was posted.

Associate
I gave beta a go in it's early stages and tbh unlike a lot of people on here I quite enjoyed it. The combat felt pretty basic though and 'floaty'. I've heard that's been vastly improved though... would you people that have played the recent beta tests agree?

Is greenmangaming the best place to pick this up still? And lastly is the beta completely finished now? I'm guessing it is

Associate
snip

Personally the only reason to get the Imp Edition is for the cheap mount. But if the Imp race appeals to you, then go for it.

Remember though, you can buy a horse from your account by upgrading your account.

snip

I don't know if any of my friends are actually going to play ESO as most are burnt out from mmo's or didn't really like what they played of beta much.
So I may just see were the majority of people on here go alliance wise.

Soldato
OP
I gave beta a go in it's early stages and tbh unlike a lot of people on here I quite enjoyed it. The combat felt pretty basic though and 'floaty'. I've heard that's been vastly improved though... would you people that have played the recent beta tests agree?

I'll leave that for others

Is greenmangaming the best place to pick this up still? And lastly is the beta completely finished now? I'm guessing it is

GMG is a good place to get it, but Nuuvem is the cheapest.

Beta has completely finished now, it launches in 3 days.

Soldato
The curse of treating a beta as an actual test :(

All my mates got into the Tabula Rasa beta, hated it, and never played it again. I didn't get it till after launch, and found it one of the best sci-fi mmo's I've ever played. But without the beta they'd never have found and fixed all the issues they did. You can't really win as a developer.

Man of Honour
Quick question, the digital standard edition from ESO website states 5 day head start.

Both GMG and Game ( where I brought mine) only state 3 days.

Which is it lol.

Its both :D

If you buy direct from them, you get 5 day headstart, whether you buy the Imperial edition or the Standard edition.

However, if you buy from any third party, you only get the 5 day headstart on the Imperial Edition, on the standard edition from a third party, its a 3 day headstart.

Back
Top Bottom