Dirt 3 unplayable help please

Associate
Hiya Overclockers people i am having a problem when ever i play dirt 3, as soon as a race start my fps drops so low that it is unplayable 1- 10 fps i have no idea why this is happening but it started as soon as i upgraded my 2gb HD7850 to a 3gb HD 7950. my old card played it fine on max settings and 1920x1080 res.

If anyone has any ideas that could help me out that would be great :)

Associate
OP
Ive reinstalled the but it didnt change anything, i have also just tried to disable my anti virus before loading up the game but still the low fps is occurring. It is as soon as a race starts its goes to a stand still practically if i pause the game it is fine but then as soon as i resume its slow again.

my specs are

i5 2500k
HD7950
8GB ddr3
2TB HDD
620w psu

Associate
OP
My PSU is a Coolermaster real power pro 620w everything is connected correctly and the GPU is seated fine this is the only game I have any problems with. I play BF3, Crysis 3 dirt showdown fine but my pc just doesn't like playing Dirt 3 for some reason.

Associate
OP
I use avast anti virus. I have tried running the game with it disabled but made no change at all. Have also tried clearing drivers and reinstalling with no luck

Associate
OP
i have finally found out the solution to my problem and that was too disconnect my 2nd monitor :) even though it wasnt being used to play the game it was the problem :)

Back
Top Bottom