Finding out who owns a car

Soldato
Hi folks,

The answer is probably no but i'll ask anyway is there anyway to find out who owns a car based upon the it's registration? Took the car out this morning only to come back and find someone parked in my private space, it's not one I've seen related to the flats before and I'd like to find out who owns it so we can get it moved!!!

Cheers,
Paul

Associate
We have had this problem in the apartment block I live in before. Usual solution is to block the car in and wait for them to ring your buzzer asking you to move - then you can explain the error of their ways to them.

Our spaces have numbers on mind.

Soldato
There was a way online but it was removed and i cant display the link on here...but a good friend of mine has helped me out with a similar issue in the passed, but that wouldnt be advised because it did turn nasty in the long run lol

Associate

Thats amazing.

Well I've had the same problem in my flat and notes don’t do anything normally because they think ahhh well its only a note (GRRR some people). This used to really get to me when I was on shifts because I worked nights so would leave and find someone in my numbered space when I got home. In the end I just blocked the repeat offender in after I finished my night shift to which about 8am I had the guy saying could I move my car as I was blocking him in. I said no and went back to bed got up the next day and went to work.

He never parked there again hehe I know that was maybe a little over the top but I did this because I had asked him to stop parking there and had a bad night shift so couldn’t bothered with having to find a place to park on the road when all I wanted to do was sleep. Since then I've only had one person park in my space and I blocked them in but let them off easy with just me asking them not to park there again and moving my car so they could leave.

Suspended
Yeah block him in, and when he asks you to move, say "No, i have no reason to use my car for at least a few hours, so you'll have to wait. Its your fault for parking there"

Or go to your local scrapyard and buy the s***est car there, and then park it in front of him, then slash the tyres and see whos laughing then.

Or slash his tires

Or crash your car into the back of his, and say you didn't need to look if there was somenoe there, as its your space and they shouldn't be there.

Or just cover his windscreen in letters :D

Soldato
gojacks....

Then leave it in a humourous place :D A bit on the expensive side if you don't know anyone with a set to borrow I'll admit.

The only problem with writing notes is that even if you're polite it can be taken as petty and get the person's back up which could lead to them doing it again out of spite, not in all cases of course but it's a possibility.

Associate
I have to say thou letters and notes will do nothing to repeat offenders. I mean if the space has a number on it.... then they know not to park there simple. This does happen still a lot in my car park and the amount of people that have the same people parking in their spaces to which they leave a note saying dont park here but yet again they park there. Really face to face is the only way to get people to stop parking in the space. Best way as I've said is to block them in and not move the car straight away when they ask you too.

I mean I would suggest only doing this if its the same person that just hasnt got the hint. Think of all the time you have had to waste driving to your space and then having to find somewhere else to park.

If you waste there time they will learn that it costs to much to park in your space. Then your see them parked in the space next to yours........ ****

Back
Top Bottom