Roccat Kave - not detected as headphone

Associate
Help! I have bought 5.1 head set but windows 7 is detected the headphones as speakers which is why i think there is no vibration or bass when i am using these headphones.

I am using an ASUS PD-E x58 board with realtek HD audio

Soldato
You will need to change in the audio drivers from speakers to headphones or to just 5.1. Because there are no drivers for the KAVE when you plug it in, it wont detect as speakers / headphones. You will just need to configure the sound through the drivers installed :)

Soldato
Right click on orange speaker taskbar > brings up sound manager > speakers > speaker configeration > 5.1 > go back panel right hand side > press on orange - select - center/subwoofer > black - select - side speakers > green - front speakers > pink - mic > hit - ok.

This is how my Medusa 5.1 headphones are set up with Realtek, hope this helps you.

Associate
OP
When i click on the back panel ports it does not do anything? am i doing something wrong

also when i did the 5.1 test, the speakers which show where the sound is coming out from are mixed up (right and left mixed up. back and sub and front are fine)

Last edited:
Associate
Hey i have these headphones :)

Basicly you need to make sure you put all the cables in the correct holes (check your MB and the roccat manual for help) then plug the USB in the usb does nothing but supply power so it wont come up as a device.

Once thats done go into you realtek audio (in the bottom corner by your clock press the arrow it might be hidden.

2pycj6a.png

and change that dropdown to 5.1. If you press the play button after that it will test each speaker.

Soldato
This is how my sound manger looks set up, have you got the latest Realtek Driver you can get it from guru3d Realtek HDAudio R257 via the dowload section. l can't remember rightly if l had your problem reversed speakers and updated drivers solved it.

Untitled-2.jpg

Associate
I am using this headset too and have it set up via a Creative sound card. The sound seems fine, but I did wonder about that vibration the headset is supposed to have, any advice on this for me or the OP would be appreciated.

Associate
I am using this headset too and have it set up via a Creative sound card. The sound seems fine, but I did wonder about that vibration the headset is supposed to have, any advice on this for me or the OP would be appreciated.

Open the control box (the actual inline one on the heaphones) and turn the sub up?

Also try running the CD that come with the headphones is a lil sound test on it.

Soldato
If your still having prob's -

Try right click orange speaker on task bar > click - system sound events > click - playback, you will see speakers with a tick double click that > click - levels and you will see all your sound level mixer, you will see realtek hd audio output, scroll down and you'll see front, rear, subwoofer, etc, check to see if they are at full 100 + nothing muted. :)

Back
Top Bottom