Bt Apprenticeship Interview

Soldato
After what seems like an age (I applied really early) I have got my interview date set for the BT Apprentiship scheme in scotland.
I am applying to be an Office Based Technician at the Higher Level, and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the BT process.

My letter says I will have the opportunity to talk about my 'Record of Achievement' or a recent project, I left school with 6 Higher Levels and when to University but decided it wasn't for me. I take it that these Highers are my 'Record of Achievement' or should I be looking at work I have been doing for my current employer (o2)?

Associate
Back in my day, a record of achievement was some fancy red folder we were given to put our exam certificates, examples of work and other gumpf in. They might mean that, if they still exsist.

PK!

i got given one of them when i left school in 2002 but my brother didn't after finishing in 2004.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I'm an ex-BT (now Openreach) apprentice, although I went in for Customer Service Technician (engineer) at the time. The interview I went to was quite good, I was nervous as anything as it was my first big interview with a big company.

The people that interviewed me were really pleasant (When I got the job I found out they were to be my coaches), they ask you the typical stuff, such as "tell me about a time where you used team work skills" and "tell me a situation where you used your problem solving skills" etc. Obviously these sort of questions will be tailored to what role you are going in for.

They'll ask you about the application form you filled in too, i.e. "you said you helped fix peoples PC's, tell me about this" They aren't trying to catch you out, so just try and relax! (easier said than done)

Feel free to ask questions too, take a pen and pad to jot any info down, dress smart and turn up a good 15/20 minutes before.

Soldato
hi, i applied for this months ago. im trying for and IT apprenticeship with BT in leeds. ive been successful at the initial sift it says and now it says line manager selected. ive been waiting a long time, is this going to become anything or what ?

Heres what i got so far:

Status Date Status Description
17/02/2008 Applicant registration
17/02/2008 Application Partially Complete
01/04/2008 Pending Line of Business review
02/04/2008 Application Submitted
02/04/2008 Initial sift - successful
03/04/2008 Pending Line of Business review
02/05/2008 Line Manager selected

Associate
I have also applied for this, at the same stage as Blackhawk...

I applied for edinburgh, meant to be going to a hub day but the hub day for Edinburgh is was meant to be from 13th June - 19th June. Still aint heard anything :/.

Apparently theres a lot of people waiting to hear though.

Associate
Im an ex BT apprentice, joined in 2001. The opportunity and salary is pretty good, I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

The apprenticeship scheme has greatly been improved compared to when I did it, back then it was a mixed bag.

Funny thing is I am due to leave BT this Friday.

Soldato
I have also applied for this, at the same stage as Blackhawk...

I applied for edinburgh, meant to be going to a hub day but the hub day for Edinburgh is was meant to be from 13th June - 19th June. Still aint heard anything :/.

Apparently theres a lot of people waiting to hear though.

well i got that email with the dates for the leeds one, and then got a email saying it had retracted that message which said "congrats youve made it out of 10000 applicants" . didnt see the last email till id already told everyone about it :o:mad:

did you get the same email ?

Associate
hi, i applied for this months ago. im trying for and IT apprenticeship with BT in leeds. ive been successful at the initial sift it says and now it says line manager selected. ive been waiting a long time, is this going to become anything or what ?

Heres what i got so far:

Status Date Status Description
17/02/2008 Applicant registration
17/02/2008 Application Partially Complete
01/04/2008 Pending Line of Business review
02/04/2008 Application Submitted
02/04/2008 Initial sift - successful
03/04/2008 Pending Line of Business review
02/05/2008 Line Manager selected

Mines at the same stage as yours, hope I hear something soon although apparently they have a lot of applications this year so I guess its taking them a while to get through them all.

Associate
Well finally got my interview day for this Thursday, little nervious as its the first job I've applied for that I really want. Heres hopeing that the interview goes well.

* Goes off to reaserch company some more and reread application form *

Back
Top Bottom