Spotify: Is it possible to import FLAC files as local musc ?

Soldato
Hello,

As per title, is it possible to import .flac, .wma, and .ogg files into the ''local files'' library into spotify?

I really want to move to spotify entirely for music, but it doesn't play all my music atm as I have some .flac and .ogg and .wma (from the times I still ripped my cd's into loseless WMA's with wmp...) music :(.

Why do I want to move to spotify entirely you ask? Well it combines my local music and pretty much everything else at the press of a button, and it makes syncing my music on my telephone with my pc extremely easy ( I also use spotify on my phone and love the ''offline playlist'' feature on my phone), love that I can sync music even not on spotify on my phone and spotify does all the recoding, transferring etc... And I got used to the interface.

Associate
Spotify only imports mp3 and mpeg4 audio i'm afraid. Doesn't sound like this is going to change any time soon either. Flac and ogg would be nice, not sure if they would really want to pay for a license to use wma though.

Associate
Tbh, it went a bit in the direction of wanting you to pay for anything released in the past couple months for a bit, but it seems to be going back to the way it was originally, so there's hope yet :)

It's odd though, since most companies add open source codec to their products (simply because they're free). Some firmware updates for tvs have been adding flac and you'd expect software to be ahead of those. Give them a prod, they do at least read comments, and free things that simply need inserted into a folder tend to happen :)

Back
Top Bottom