tourettes - i swear i can't help it

Caporegime
Amusing stuff (though not for the sufferers, obviously). Anyone remember this episode of South Park?

1108touretteobserve2.jpg

Caporegime
thing is... why do they tend to SWEAR a lot and not just shout out random words?

what if someone who had 'toutettes' grew up in an environment that included NO SWEARING... would he even have tourettes, or would he just shout random words?

or would that disprove that tourettes requires kiddy gloves?

Soldato
thing is... why do they tend to SWEAR a lot and not just shout out random words?

what if someone who had 'toutettes' grew up in an environment that included NO SWEARING... would he even have tourettes, or would he just shout random words?

I've thought of this too. It would be an interesting comparison.

Associate
I find it interesting that a lot of people (In here too) talk about how "It's not right to laugh", yet watching the show the majority can't help but laugh at each other. Especially when they're in the room with the woman from the CAB, she's joining in on the fun and they seem like they're having a good time. :)

I don't see it much different from when you're out walking your kid and he decides to go "Daddy daddy that man smells!" at the top of his voice. Is it inappropriate? Perhaps. But it's still bloomin funny. :p

It seems like most of what they come out with is directly connected to the situation they're in, basically like they can't keep their thoughts to themselves.

Don
anyone think that 1 or 2 of them are playing up for the camera ?

It's a type of disease that they know they have, but cannot control, they'll be more on edge with the cameras there and therefore more nervous.

I remember seeing a show about 2 or 3 years ago about the guy who had it the worst in Britain, felt so sorry for the guy :(

Think he had a job in a mail sorting office or something. It's the type of condition that you would need to be around the same people day in day out if you're going to have a job -ie a non public facing job.

It is hard not to laugh, but it must be so damn hard to live with

Don
I don't see it much different from when you're out walking your kid and he decides to go "Daddy daddy that man smells!" at the top of his voice. Is it inappropriate? Perhaps. But it's still bloomin funny. :p

It seems like most of what they come out with is directly connected to the situation they're in, basically like they can't keep their thoughts to themselves.

That's a little different though, kids are just blunt because they don't know any better. Tourettes people seem to think of horrendous things to say, and just blurt them out; as you said they're usually directly connected to situations they are in, or things that they can see

Associate
That's a little different though, kids are just blunt because they don't know any better. Tourettes people seem to think of horrendous things to say, and just blurt them out; as you said they're usually directly connected to situations they are in, or things that they can see

Not sure I agree with that. Like I said, I think it's down to they can't keep their thoughts to themselves. They dont think those things intentionally, knowing that they'll probably blurt it out...

We all think about things subconciously, for example whenever we see an odd looking guy, a weirdly dressed guy, or a really ugly dog. We just choose not to say those things because we know they can cause offense which could then potentially escalate into something else.

It's no different here, except they seem to have a disconnect which causes them to blurt out their thoughts.

Soldato
anyone think that 1 or 2 of them are playing up for the camera ?

the presence of the film crew may influence more outbursts , but i don't think the sufferers get creative for the cameras. its novel for the viewer and obvious why someone would claim that, but to them its everyday life.

they don't need to play up, they are in no short supply of outbursts or lacking in any evidence that they are indeed tourette sufferers.

Soldato
this thread lead me to some hilarious videos on YT

best one being when hes walking past buckingham palace shouting ''the queens a lesbian'' and ''bomb''

Amusing stuff (though not for the sufferers, obviously). Anyone remember this episode of South Park?

1108touretteobserve2.jpg

I've got a golden ticket......I've got a golden twinkle in my eye....

Honestly though, at University I failed the Dyslexic test.
I wiped the free laptop of all the crap it came with and put windows 7 on.
I don't go to ANY of the dyslexic revision classes etc etc and I finished 2nd year engineering with a 1st.

Whilst Tourettes is a real illness, I feel it is one blown out of proportion by the namby pamby 'ohh look I'm a Psycologist', lets waste tax money people.
Oh and the how-to-use-your-crappy-talk-and-write programs on the laptop cost £200-300 per 3 hours or something along those lines.

Tbh if a child starts shouting stuff, smack 'em round the head and they will soon STFU.

When I say to people Dyslexia is BS, I am just average at English but good at maths and sciences, they say 'you don't understand', well I am one of them and it is a load of rubbish.
There will be a fancy word for me not winning a marathon and being chubby I am sure:p.

Of course this is just my opinion and experience.
Yes this is a Tourettes thread, but in general the world is going crazy with the PC brigade.

Last edited:

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
Just watched this on Iplayer

The kid that goes to school i thought was really funny!

READY STEADY COOK!

Chicken!

was very funny :D

though when he screams when he was a little boy must have been arkward for both him and parents

Back
Top Bottom