• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7950 Temps When 1100 core

Soldato
Associate
On my 7970 @ 1200core/1650 mem 1.212v I hit low 60sC that using Afterburners stock fan, but my card is the windforce with 3 fans so pretty well cooled anyway. Long as you steer clear of the crap auto that seems to be on 33% all the time you should be fine.

Soldato
That was out of game. I forgot to click to show max on speed. I have the fan set to auto ATM.

Doesn't matter, it should still be spinning faster than 20%@75c until the temps reduced, leading me to believe your fans not spinning up properly.

Unless of course you can hear the fan ramp up, as after 60c, it should be a pretty audible ramp up at least.

75c isn't a matter of concern either as Matt pointed out, but get Afterburner and use the OSD to show temps and fan speed in game, or log with GPU-z to make sure.

Soldato
OP
Doesn't matter, it should still be spinning faster than 20%@75c until the temps reduced, leading me to believe your fans not spinning up properly.

Unless of course you can hear the fan ramp up, as after 60c, it should be a pretty audible ramp up at least.

75c isn't a matter of concern either as Matt pointed out, but get Afterburner and use the OSD to show temps and fan speed in game, or log with GPU-z to make sure.

You reading it wrong mate. Am showing Max temp on them images, the card had already spined down.
Thats why you seeing 20% temps now are 28C idle.

Soldato
OP
On my 7970 @ 1200core/1650 mem 1.212v I hit low 60sC that using Afterburners stock fan, but my card is the windforce with 3 fans so pretty well cooled anyway. Long as you steer clear of the crap auto that seems to be on 33% all the time you should be fine.

Could you post image of Afterburner fan profile please.

Soldato
OP
Shouldn't worry too much, 75c isn't that hot.
You could always set a custom fan curve, 80% fan speed must do your nut in though?

I have headphones on but yes I dont like it even tho I can't hear it when gaming. Take headphones of and PC sounds like its about to take of lol.

Am new to setting a fan speed and am not sure what I should use :( My card is a Xfx HD 7950 Double dissipation.
Am worried if I setup a fan speed it will send temps much higher.

Soldato
The XFX DD cooling has never been rated that good tbh, and in a few reviews of the 7970, the DD version was found to have poorer cooling ability than the stock reference cooler. I would invest in a Arctic Cooling Accelero unless you mind having the sound of a jet engine in your case everytime you game ;)

Soldato
OP
The XFX DD cooling has never been rated that good tbh, and in a few reviews of the 7970, the DD version was found to have poorer cooling ability than the stock reference cooler. I would invest in a Arctic Cooling Accelero unless you mind having the sound of a jet engine in your case everytime you game ;)

:( I though theses cards ment to have one of the best cooling designs. Are they hard to install? Take it you loose the warranty?

Soldato
I have headphones on but yes I dont like it even tho I can't hear it when gaming. Take headphones of and PC sounds like its about to take of lol.

Am new to setting a fan speed and am not sure what I should use :( My card is a Xfx HD 7950 Double dissipation.
Am worried if I setup a fan speed it will send temps much higher.

Just set up a 1:1 curve.

Soldato
Are they hard to install?
Not really, if you use thermal tape, it will take up to an hour if you want the heatsinks to stick on properly.

If you use the included glue, you need to leave it to set overnight.

But, if the DD has a separate cooling plate for the vram/vrm's, then it will only take about 10 mins tops as you just need to screw the AC heatsink on.

Take it you loose the warranty?

With XFX, yes, so you would just use the glue.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Not really, if you use thermal tape, it will take up to an hour if you want the heatsinks to stick on properly.

If you use the included glue, you need to leave it to set overnight.

But, if the DD has a separate cooling plate for the vram/vrm's, then it will only take about 10 mins tops as you just need to screw the AC heatsink on.

With XFX, yes, so you would just use the glue.

Thanks dont think I really want to be doing that. But might look up some youtube vids, review on installing and I maybe try it.

Back
Top Bottom