how can i cancel an online transaction - halifax

Soldato
Last night i transfered £40 to my friends account who is with HSBC (im with halifax), i did this online.

Now i need to cancel the transaction. I was sure you could do this online, is it possible?

Thanks

edit: the money seems to have gone out of my account (as its gone down £40)...but its not appeared in there HSBC account?

Last edited:
Soldato
You cant as the message tells you when you transfer the money. It can take upto 5 days for the money to show up in your friends account, the only thing you can do is wait for it to reappear and then get your friend to either give you the cash or transfer it back.

Associate
Andr3w said:
Last night i transfered £40 to my friends account who is with HSBC (im with halifax), i did this online.

Now i need to cancel the transaction. I was sure you could do this online, is it possible?

Thanks

edit: the money seems to have gone out of my account (as its gone down £40)...but its not appeared in there HSBC account?

I don't think you can stop it online as when you go to transfer a little box comes up saying "This payment can not be stopped or amended once it has been sent"

Give the bank a call and see what they say :)

Soldato
OP
See...people like me should really read those message's :p

Friend rang me to tell me they gave me the wrong account number, its one of her accounts that takes 7-10 working days for the money to go in...blondes :rolleyes: :p

Back
Top Bottom