Dell 2007WFP any good for games?

Soldato
also sorry for the double post but I am having the time of my life with this monitor. Yes it's just that good.

I got a s-video cable pluged one end into my video out in my PC and pluged the other end into the 2007. Then you just push PiP and set the size one up (the smallest flickers...) and then you can watch a moooooovie and play Gmod.

What a awesome combo. :D

Associate
have you had any banding problems?

i have heard lots having banding problems, and thats whats making me hesitate to buy this monitor.

thanks folks

Associate
fobose said:
Yeah with my 17" and 15" it would get "stuck" at the top and bottom of the screen but I just moved the position in display options so that it only got stuck at the bottom and I just remembered to move the mouse about an inch higher than the bezel ;)

The 2007WFP is fantastic for games, I have no ghosting what so ever. :)
fobose you mentioned that the DELL is fantastic for games, have you tried any FPS games ie Counter Strike Source ?? Any one else have anything to add regarding this monitor and FPS games?? I think you have a crackin set up regarding the two monitors and the dual stand arrangement.

Soldato
I have been playing some Half Life 2. In 1680 x 1050 glorry.

Might try some Quake 4 later and see what that's like. I don't know what othergames would look good to test..

Soldato
RockMonster said:
fobose you mentioned that the DELL is fantastic for games, have you tried any FPS games ie Counter Strike Source ?? Any one else have anything to add regarding this monitor and FPS games?? I think you have a crackin set up regarding the two monitors and the dual stand arrangement.

I have played CSS on it a lot and its perfectly fine! Thanks, it is certainly an improvment from my old 17" and 15" !!

Associate
Got mine today. Awesome! Much better than my old 19" CRT. Office tasks are a breeze (easily displays two Word docs side by side), image editing much improved and video editing much better (more windows visible one screen at the same time with a longer timeline which is a bonus). Have yet to try hooking up a DVD/video player to try out the picture in picture function.

Regarding games, I've only had a quick go on CSS which was okay @ 1600 x 900. I'm only running an AMD 2600+ with a 6600GT and 1Gb RAM so I'm not sure that I've really got the power to run games at this resolution - I'll need to play around a bit more. Any comments from you guys on what could be the optimum settings for games on my rig? Dumb question, but is the 2007WFP a 16:9 or 16:10 aspect ratio monitor? Both of these options were available in CSS but I only had chance to try the 16:9.

Associate
Here are a few pics of my 2007FPW that arrived today.

On the desk

Desktop

Counter Strike Source pics

From my hand-held camera (hence a little blurred due to camera shake)

Actual screen shot

Running this @ 1680 x 900 and 16:10 aspect ratio with the monitor set to the 'gaming' image mode.

Really pleased with this. Image is sharp and no ghosting. The widescreen gives you a much better gaming experience.

I'm now really tempted to upgrade my old 6600GT to something better!

Really pleased with this purchase and would recommend it to you all. :)

Permabanned
yup got mine the other day too, absoloutly amzaing by far one of the best monitors i have had, theres no ghosting or colour banding on mine also came with no dead pixels or baclight bleed so i am well happy i too would recomend it to anyone

Soldato
Colin said:
Running this @ 1680 x 900 and 16:10 aspect ratio with the monitor set to the 'gaming' image mode.

Really pleased with this. Image is sharp and no ghosting. The widescreen gives you a much better gaming experience.

I'm now really tempted to upgrade my old 6600GT to something better!

Really pleased with this purchase and would recommend it to you all. :)

You should be running it at 1680x1050 and set to 16:10 aspect ratio in CSS surely?

Permabanned
fobose said:
I also have a 6600gt, I have to turn nearly everything down to low, with the odd thing on medium to get a smooth game lol.
lol yeah i know what you mean, my 7300GS only runs BF2 on low settings with the viewing distance turned down from 100% to 70%

Back
Top Bottom