DPD is an absolute joke

Man of Honour
It's not DPD. It's a DPD franchise.
Our local franchise is brilliant.

To the best of my knowledge, DPD is not run as a franchise. Owner driver franchises, yes - but subcontracting like this is widespread in the courier world. As far as I know the actual depots themselves are not franchises.

Each depot will likely have it's own P&L, it's own management structure etc.... but that doesn't make it a franchise.

Soldato
To the best of my knowledge, DPD is not run as a franchise. Owner driver franchises, yes - but subcontracting like this is widespread in the courier world. As far as I know the actual depots themselves are not franchises.

Each depot will likely have it's own P&L, it's own management structure etc.... but that doesn't make it a franchise.
So whilst not technically a franchise, they operate pretty much independently of each other.
My point still stands.

Caporegime
Every courier is as bad as any other, which is to say the majority of the time they are fine. It's the same as phone networks.

Soldato
I have a DPD question, when I ordered from another company that goes through DPD they gave me a tracking link which gave me an accurate ETA on the delivery day which told me what place I was in the queue and how many packages the driver has delivered as the day went on, does it work like that with OCUK now?

Man of Honour
I have a DPD question, when I ordered from another company that goes through DPD they gave me a tracking link which gave me an accurate ETA on the delivery day which told me what place I was in the queue and how many packages the driver has delivered as the day went on, does it work like that with OCUK now?

I've always had a delivery window when using DPD from OcUK - the other info seems hit and miss available on some orders and not others but the ETA/timeslot has always been there.

Associate
Since this is becoming the norm here on OCUK can't we just get a sticky 'Imma mad the post has not been delivery wen they siad. BEEN SAT IN ALL DAY!!!' thread?

Also, make one for: 'lol, orange wednesday code pls' and 'need to vent, ebay rant'.

Back
Top Bottom