Little pit bike video teaser I shot over the weekend

Soldato
click through for HD.

My buddies and I ride pit bikes and I've been wanting to do a little filming for a while - so on Saturday I grabbed a few shots to see how it looks on film.

Going to be shooting a 'proper' video over the next few months with all the bells and whistles like tripods, sliders (maybe even a remote controlled heli cam!) - but for now just enjoy us ripping round our local.

The guy on the black XLR140 is Glen Coe, professional mountain biker and the first guy to land a double backflip in the UK.

Soldato
Hi MrSix, do you ride a motorbike on the road? I'd love to get a pit bike for something like this, what are the costs involved roughly?

Soldato
OP
I know, thinking of maybe a D3100.

Don't forget that shooting video with an HDSLR is tough without extra bits like a z-finder, follow focus etc. I managed with this video but it's nowhere near as good as the finished video will be.

Hi MrSix, do you ride a motorbike on the road? I'd love to get a pit bike for something like this, what are the costs involved roughly?

I've always had road bikes, but I don't currently own one. Pit biking is dirt cheap - £650 brand new and barely anything for spares.

in that video it was autofocusing which we know the 5d mkii can't do. Sony A55?

Hah, what a compliment! No autofocus there, just my best attempt using a bare 5D with no focussing gear!

Soldato
I've always had road bikes, but I don't currently own one. Pit biking is dirt cheap - £650 brand new and barely anything for spares.

Ahh cool - similar to ride then? Can you get road legal ones? I want a little bike to run around to and from uni on but also be able to carry into my house. Also, where in Warwickshire are you from?

Soldato
OP
I know, thinking of maybe a D3100.

Ahh cool - similar to ride then? Can you get road legal ones? I want a little bike to run around to and from uni on but also be able to carry into my house. Also, where in Warwickshire are you from?

You can get them road legal, but I wouldn't bother. Really best suited for blasting round on dirt, not mixing with big traffic.

Soldato
OP
Hmm not really, they're just small motocross bikes that cost peanuts to run.
BMXs aren't small mountain bikes - they're a totally separate bicycle genre.

Back
Top Bottom