Yodel Delivery Service - OMG!

Soldato
Even so, for example if it's a big shop that would regularly have items picked up maybe even with a truck instead of a normal driver, the scans might not be a real one just a general one of everything collected. So the missing piece(es) wouldn't be noticed until they start sorting it at the depot.

Or it can even be that the shop placed your label over another persons shipment, or the driver did it. Or the shop sent the wrong item. The things that can happen...

Not saying Parceforce are saints or anything, I just feel like couriers get unnecessary flak a lot of the time :p

Soldato
Even so, for example if it's a big shop that would regularly have items picked up maybe even with a truck instead of a normal driver, the scans might not be a real one just a general one of everything collected. So the missing piece(es) wouldn't be noticed until they start sorting it at the depot.

Or it can even be that the shop placed your label over another persons shipment, or the driver did it. Or the shop sent the wrong item. The things that can happen...

Not saying Parceforce are saints or anything, I just feel like couriers get unnecessary flak a lot of the time :p

Well I've just checked it again and its gone from "order failed" back to "in progress" and apparently the bbq is now at the main hub. It could actually be a case of something you have described above as it now seems back on track. I'm sure their system is smart enough not to send a driver back round for something that's already been processed and in their possession. We shall see what tomorrow brings.

Caporegime
Ordered a pick-up by Yodel from Parcels2go but two seperate Yodel guys came round, now Parcels2go don't know where the parcel is.

They don't even believe it's been collected even though I have a collection reference.

Fantastic.

Soldato
Had a delivery made by the local Yodel lad. Turns out its the wifes cousin. He recognised the name and address and all was cool.

Had to arrange for a package to be returned to the rain forest. They chose Yodel for pick up. Arranged on the 18th for collection on the 20th and its still here. Called the cousin and he hasn't had instruction for collection. Can't speak to Yodel so used online chat with Amazon who have arranged City Link to pick up tomorrow but can't say how much more its going to cost me. To be fair it really shouldn't cost me any more than what Yodel would have (£4) as its not me that chose to use Yodel.

Soldato
City Link did a good one the other day with us -- about £500 worth of stock and other materials left in the "safe place" that is the "side of the house" -- ie. sandwiched between my car and the garage, clearly visible and easily reachable to anyone walking past.

Considering how dodgy the neighbourhood is (we had to stop River Nene veg deliveries as the local chav scum decided to chuck them all over the road when they saw them behind the bins), and the fact that I was working in London that day and we didn't get back to the house until 7.30 in the evening it was extremely surprising that nothing was either missing or vandalised.

Soldato
I want somewhere to vent so this seems like a good place.

I was expecting a delivery for my mobile on Wednesday. Was watching the tracking site all day and at 8pm I get a text from the mobile company saying it should be with me before 9pm. Well I keep checking the tracking site and at 10pm it tells me that at 9pm an attempted delivery was made and a card left. Well with 4 people in the house, a doorbell and a working door which you can always try knocking on I know this was not the case.

So rang them the next morning asking what's up. He said the driver might not of been able to find the house (if Google Maps can then I think the driver should be able to). The package should be with me today. So this is the second day I am taking off work now. 5pm comes and I ring them again. She gives me the mobile number of the driver. I ring him up and sure enough he tried to find my house but couldn't and tried to find it again today. It's really not hard people, you could always ring up your depot and ask them for help. He told me he wouldn't be able to deliver it today as he is in Roche. "Will someone be in tomorrow morning?"

So what's the problem?

Phoned them up again to tell them this and they say there is nothing they can do about it. Ask to speak to the complaints department and she tells me I will have to email them (done) or write to them.

I'm trying to put my feet in the drivers shoes, but then the only explanation I can come up with is if I put my feet in the drivers shoes, sniff a whole bunch of cleaning products, smash my head with a brick and to have a learning disability. Then, maybe then might I not be able to find a house for a second day.

Yodel you are a very terrible company.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ordered a pick-up by Yodel from Parcels2go but two seperate Yodel guys came round, now Parcels2go don't know where the parcel is.

They don't even believe it's been collected even though I have a collection reference.

Fantastic.

Just to follow up my parcel did arrive but they left it at the post office because someone had written on it that it was OK to do that, I certainly didn't tell them to.

Associate
Hopefully someone can help me.

Yodel were meant to deliver a consignment of 2 parcels to me. I was not home today when they were to be delivered but there was someone in the house.

So 1 parcel was delivered and it said on the box "1 of 2", so the person who answered the door asked the driver if there was another parcel and he said no. They also didn't ask for a signature.

I now check my consignment on-line and it says both parcels were delivered and that someone with my surname signed for it.

I get the feeling the driver may have done one with my other parcel. The parcel delivered had a value of ~£50 and the one that didn't get delivered was £550.

Associate
I sold my CM690 case on ebay and it was delivered today by City Link. I saw on the website it said "L/safe:OVER GATE" and immediately I was concerned, so I emailed the buyer asking if it was OK, and he said the case was dented because the driver had thrown it over a 7ft gate! I am going to complain for sure.

Permabanned
I had a pair of boots delivered before, I always miss delivery vans so it's normally pickup next day. Found out the depot opening times for Yodel are dismal here.

Really put off with that. Had to go during lunch. :rolleyes:

Soldato
YODEL Teesside = Fail for sure.

Got carded, rang them to say I would collect saturday. Got carded again which was odd, assumed it was something else, then on the Saturday as I was about to leave, knock at the door.... here is your parcel......

Lucky I had not left yet - 2 more mins and I would have gone and been raging at them. I HAD to have that parcel that day too - Very lucky.

Soldato
Had the misfortune of having to deal with Yodel a few weeks ago. Absolutely awful service, or should I say non-service.

Had a parcel to return to the rainforest place, and Yodel were chosen to collect it. The date was agreed for collection, so I waited in all day for them to turn up ..... and they didn't!

Complained to rainforest place, and the next day City Link came and picked up the parcel.

A week later, I see a bloke in a Yodel uniform pull up in a van and come knocking on the door. Suffice to say I just ignored him.

*insert many swearwords to show my opinion of Yodel*

Soldato
Had something from Amazon being delivered by Yodel. Got an email with the tracking number, tracked it on the site and delivered ok.

Have had Yodel a couple of times. Yodel round here are no problems.

Just balancing the posts on here a bit as most people are happy to complain but don't readily post for good service.

Associate
Yodel are a bunch of clowns judging by the only time I have ever used them.

I don't believe they even knocked on my door and they left no calling card. I only found out through the seller that used Yodel as their courier that Yodel said that my neighbour had signed for the parcel but the house number that they gave did not even exist.

So after looking like a right muppet knocking on my neighbours doors asking for this non-existent parcel, the parcel was somehow returned to the seller from somewhere the week after.

CLOWNS.

Soldato
Never had a problem with Yodel.... infact only delivery company I have ever had any issues with with the one OCUK use (DPD) while ordering from OCUK.... ordered pc parts totally around £1300 and they were just left in a box outside my apartment door in the lobby (which the public have access too) in full view of the road and street and was unsigned for..... I was not happy to say the least, I did call OCUK to tell them I had received the package and just what had happened, but frankly, after that I wouldn't use DPD for any of my personal delivers.

Associate
Used to work for a company that used Yodel for deliveries. It got to the point that we terminated the contract with them with immediate effect as they were costing us thousands in lost packages!

Got stuck behind a Yodel van today on the A500 as well. Idiots. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom