Notice of intended prosecution - AOJ27/NIP

Ovr

Ovr

Associate
Hi guys/girls,

This morning I recieved a recorded mail from Merseyside Police (specifically the Knowsley RTC unit) giving notice of intended prosecution for:

Offence(s): Careless Driving, Fail to Stop/Supply details/Report to Police, after Road Traffic Collision.

On: 11:15 / 1200Hrs 09/08/2010 Tesco Car Park, xxxxx, Prescot, Merseyside.

Now what is amazing me, is that:

a) I have never been to Liverpool/Merseyside

b) That day I was driving from Leicester (my place of work) in a company vehicle to Brunel University and was at the University at 11:30am at the latest - my car was locked in the works car park where it remained till 6:30pm that day.

I contacted the police station and they seemed totally disinterested in my story and told me to simply fill out the form and return it to them - I feel this is totally out of order.

Has my plate been cloned? There letter shows no indication of what my car is (a 130i BMW M-Sport) so could this data purely have been pulled by a cloned plate?

Freaked out big time when I seen the letter but have calmed down now when I know I can verify by several means that I was not there that day, let alone driving my car.

Has this happened to anyone else, or something similar? Really want to get it sorted as I'm leaving the country for a few weeks soon :/

Matt.

Soldato
As the registered owner you have to send off the NIP. And a cloned plate will likely be fitted to the same vehicle it originated from too.

While you are waiting for the response back contact work to find out if they have CCTV evidence of your vehicle on the day and to make sure they back it up before it is overwritten.

Tea Drinker
Don
Has my plate been cloned?

Probably, unless the plate was taken down wrong / mispelt.

I'd contest this one, you probably need proof of where you were, ii.e. employers statement and that should be it, it's only a problem if it keeps happening, then I think you can get your plate changed

Ovr

Ovr

Associate
OP
Nope. It must be a case of either a cloned plate or a plate has been taken down incorrectly - nobody has called me back yet either but I've filled in the form and will get someone from work to sign it etc.

Hassle+++

Back
Top Bottom